B57G manual ... no info on FLIR, LLLTV, or Laser

B57G manual ... no info on FLIR, LLLTV, or Laser

February 13th, 2018, 1:44 pm #1

So I dropped coin and paid for the T.O. fir the B-57G Canbera by Martin. Covers all kinds of stuff, and there's a lot of good information. But nothing at all about what is in the chin pod and what that stuff might look like. No information on the wheels either. And only scant information on the 20mm cannons, if they even have them in the first place. A lot of sources say that the G models did not carry the 20mm cannon. But the flight manual indicates they did. So in short, sorry guys, still nowhere closer on having any definitive answers. At some point I'll get this document on something like Dropbox so that y'all can have access to it as well.
Cheers,
Joshua

February 13th, 2018, 5:19 pm #2

If the equipment is sensitive, or classified, there is a separate T.O., n/t

February 14th, 2018, 1:23 am #3

KL

February 14th, 2018, 10:20 am #4

If the equipment is sensitive, or classified, there is a separate T.O., n/t
good points...but that stuff is like nearly 60 years old now...I haven't been able to even find what the model numbers are for the sensors in the chin (the LLLTV, FLIR, and laser). If there is a separate T.O. or manual for this stuff, I have no idea what it would even be. The windows in the chin pod appear to be semi-transparent so whatever gets modeled behind the glass needs to be half-way close to accurate - even if only in rough shapes. For my B-57G Tropic Moon III bird, I'm going to omit the 20mm cannon, but have to rescribe the wing for 20mm panels. The gun ports and spent casing slots on the underside I'll fair over. Wheels...the ones in the Airfix kit seem to be the most 'accurate' though the molding is relatively banal. Anyone got info on where more detailed and pronounced wheels for G variant are to be had?! Anyone got info on what the things look like that are inside the chin pod? There's the 13th BG that I need to reach out to as well, they flew those birds a lot and someone may have the info.
Cheers,
Joshua

February 14th, 2018, 4:33 pm #5

So I dropped coin and paid for the T.O. fir the B-57G Canbera by Martin. Covers all kinds of stuff, and there's a lot of good information. But nothing at all about what is in the chin pod and what that stuff might look like. No information on the wheels either. And only scant information on the 20mm cannons, if they even have them in the first place. A lot of sources say that the G models did not carry the 20mm cannon. But the flight manual indicates they did. So in short, sorry guys, still nowhere closer on having any definitive answers. At some point I'll get this document on something like Dropbox so that y'all can have access to it as well.
Cheers,
Joshua
I Googled with "B-57G Tropic Moon" and found these, are you familiar with them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Shed_Light
About half way down there some info of the B-57G Tropic Moon III, including a rough drawing of its equipment.

https://www.amazon.com/B-57G-Tropic-Moo ... 150898218X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7bIYOJOlY

HTH

Tom Brunila