B-58 Continues

B-58 Continues

May 4th, 2013, 6:49 pm #1

Work continues on my Monogram 1/48 B-58.
The tail is finally on. I needed the tail off until I finished the mounting holes for the engine nacelles.
The resin flaps are being test fitted. They are from Fisher Model and Pattern. I've never heard of this company until I stared this project.

Engine nacelles will plug in to aluminium tube sockets.

I picked up the SAC metal landing gear but they look to me to be exact copies of the Monogram offerings. So I'm using the kit landing gear because the plastic is easier to clean up.
This was not the case with the B-29, the SAC gear was better.
The camera angle makes it appear that the SAC gear is smaller but they are the same size.

Once again, thanks for looking.
John E.

May 4th, 2013, 9:49 pm #2

Looking good so far John.

May 5th, 2013, 4:22 am #3

The tail is finally on. I needed the tail off until I finished the mounting holes for the engine nacelles.
The resin flaps are being test fitted. They are from Fisher Model and Pattern. I've never heard of this company until I stared this project.

I picked up the SAC metal landing gear but they look to me to be exact copies of the Monogram offerings. So I'm using the kit landing gear because the plastic is easier to clean up.
The camera angle makes it appear that the SAC gear is smaller but they are the same size.

John E.
Check photos carefully for the elevons. They drooped but not quite that much.

How did the aluminium sockets work out??

d-smack

May 11th, 2013, 1:00 pm #4

John E.
I sanded my fingernails flat on that one, and used a gallon of filler.

Randy