Azur 1/72 Grumman Martlet

Azur 1/72 Grumman Martlet

July 2nd, 2012, 7:31 pm #1

Gentlemen:

Has anyone built the Azur 172nd Grumman Martlet I? I understand this would be an early F4F-3 fixed wing.

Any info much appreciated. These are on sale at WestCoast Hobbies, but I was hoping to get some info before buying....

Thanks in advance!

Joe Frazier joseph.r.frazier@charter.net

July 2nd, 2012, 8:33 pm #2

Do you mean AZ Martlet? I didn't think Azur ever did a kit of the Martlet. n/t

July 2nd, 2012, 9:16 pm #3

Gentlemen:

Has anyone built the Azur 172nd Grumman Martlet I? I understand this would be an early F4F-3 fixed wing.

Any info much appreciated. These are on sale at WestCoast Hobbies, but I was hoping to get some info before buying....

Thanks in advance!

Joe Frazier joseph.r.frazier@charter.net
As mentioned, Azur hasn't done one, but AZ did. But ... the Martlet I is not an early F4F-3, it is an export model with a Wright single row radial instead of a P&W double row and consequently a different cowl and also a different gun arrangement from the F4F-3

July 3rd, 2012, 12:44 am #4

Thanks for the responses.... helped clarify several questions for me....

Joe

July 3rd, 2012, 2:00 am #5

the parts are very finely molded, sharper detail than I've seen in other AZ kits. The surface detail looks terrific in my opinion. The colors (esp. the yellows on the decal sheet look a bit off. There's sidewall detail in the cockpit, landing gear is finely molded, the prop is a single piece - no trying to fumble with separate blades.Canopy looks very clear.

I can't comment on accuracy or how well it builds, but overall it looks very very promising! Well worth the sale price at West Coast Hobbies where I got mine, and they give excellent service and communication to boot. While you're there, check out the Resin Art detail parts too.