Ayup... I forgot !

Ayup... I forgot !

May 25th, 2012, 6:28 pm #1

Hi Guys...

Sorry it's been a while Again. I finally finished my Stuka. Here she is:

In the end, I sawed the Canopy Into Three to give me a working set of Greenhouse Glasses... Here's My Interior, painted oh, so long ago. She's painted as Massimos 'Lease-Lend' Pichatelli, which was captured by the Brits from the 96th Gruppo. I have two pilots in painting still though to go with her.

Hope you Like. I've been some while posting because It was full speed ahead to get her finished for Hendon, with her build partner, The Mustang. this is from the original 1974 Boxing. Here she is:

Here's the Mustang on Her Own... Much 'fun' was had getting it sorted, and a coupla the Decals attacked me and Disintigrated upon the application of Microsol. (See second Image Below) But I have spares to put in their stead. The Invasion stripes were sprayed after trying to apply Decal stripes from the New MkXI Spit. They were terrible too, and just wouldn't conform... I also screwed up Misinterpreting the Paint instructions (and the Box Art, LOL !)in not painting the red band that should go beneath Major Preddys name on the Canopy frame.AND the filler cap behind the Kill Markings, AND the red spot on the Leading edge of the Port Wing !

The Kit is Painted as per the Destructions, so those of you who expect Histerical Accuracy may be sorely Disappointed. But I must say, I can't wait for the new 'Stang, So Here's to that ! ATMO, I'm working on another Airfix Railway project, but will be starting another Airfix Build for Telford 2012 real soon. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you like !
Last edited by feanor1998 on May 25th, 2012, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2012, 12:43 pm #2

Love the open canopy on the Stuka - and it's good to see the old P-51, I think it looks more sleek and sexy then the real thing

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

May 27th, 2012, 1:05 pm #3

I was beginning to worry that No one thought it was any good, or that I'd upset all you Good People here on Hyperscale somehow. I've got what I'd think will be a Nice Railway Surprise coming, If anyone wanna sees it in a coupla days...

Tahnks again Buddy !

May 28th, 2012, 10:23 pm #4

Hi Guys...

In the end, I sawed the Canopy Into Three to give me a working set of Greenhouse Glasses... Here's My Interior, painted oh, so long ago. She's painted as Massimos 'Lease-Lend' Pichatelli, which was captured by the Brits from the 96th Gruppo. I have two pilots in painting still though to go with her.

Hope you Like. I've been some while posting because It was full speed ahead to get her finished for Hendon, with her build partner, The Mustang. this is from the original 1974 Boxing. Here she is:

Here's the Mustang on Her Own... Much 'fun' was had getting it sorted, and a coupla the Decals attacked me and Disintigrated upon the application of Microsol. (See second Image Below) But I have spares to put in their stead. The Invasion stripes were sprayed after trying to apply Decal stripes from the New MkXI Spit. They were terrible too, and just wouldn't conform... I also screwed up Misinterpreting the Paint instructions (and the Box Art, LOL !)in not painting the red band that should go beneath Major Preddys name on the Canopy frame.AND the filler cap behind the Kill Markings, AND the red spot on the Leading edge of the Port Wing !

The Kit is Painted as per the Destructions, so those of you who expect Histerical Accuracy may be sorely Disappointed. But I must say, I can't wait for the new 'Stang, So Here's to that ! ATMO, I'm working on another Airfix Railway project, but will be starting another Airfix Build for Telford 2012 real soon. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you like !
you'll upset us easily with something Airfix

And do keep us posted about the railway project - we don't see such things here often, and I've heared variety is always good !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

May 29th, 2012, 6:56 pm #5

Hi Guys...

Hope you like !
The Airfix display was truly spectacular, so thanks to you and all the Airfix Tribute forum for a superb effort!

tally ho

Jonathan