Avoid running over box springs!

Avoid running over box springs!

April 8th, 2012, 1:46 pm #1

A friend on one of the Automotive boards recently had this happen. he was in his truck fortunately and not is VW. He is behind someone (you have seen them I am sure) going down the interstate with stuff piled in their truck, not tied down or not well enough! The guy has a set of box springs and a mattress in his truck. Al of a sudden here it all comes. He can not avoid runing over it. There is a thump and a cloud of pink fluf. He and his passenger have a laugh then his truck begins to slow. He pulls over. This is what he saw.

This did some serious damage and the mattress owner kept going.

April 8th, 2012, 2:12 pm #2

That pic was floating around on the internet and emails years ago.

Regardless, I have seen something similar, firsthand, although on a much smaller scale and it took a long time to cut it all free.

April 8th, 2012, 2:13 pm #3

A friend on one of the Automotive boards recently had this happen. he was in his truck fortunately and not is VW. He is behind someone (you have seen them I am sure) going down the interstate with stuff piled in their truck, not tied down or not well enough! The guy has a set of box springs and a mattress in his truck. Al of a sudden here it all comes. He can not avoid runing over it. There is a thump and a cloud of pink fluf. He and his passenger have a laugh then his truck begins to slow. He pulls over. This is what he saw.

What are they hiding?

April 8th, 2012, 3:02 pm #4

That pic was floating around on the internet and emails years ago.

Regardless, I have seen something similar, firsthand, although on a much smaller scale and it took a long time to cut it all free.
Why would someone post something like this as theirs then?

Have to have a talk with the boy...
Thanks, Mike

April 8th, 2012, 3:46 pm #5

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=49344

I think the pic is legit/real, just not his claim that "it happened to a friend of his"

April 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm #6

Thanks, Mike
if I was going to do something like that I'd photoshoppy something like I was desperately trying to escape the advances of somebody like Faith Hill! oh yeh, cause I'd already had enough! lol, cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm #7

What are they hiding?
lkj;

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 8th, 2012, 8:48 pm #8

the springs unloaded and wrapped around the front wheels locking them. THEN the padding wadded up against the catalytic converter. Everything: car/mattress and all, burned right to the pavement. Don't run over mattresses.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

April 9th, 2012, 5:31 am #9

when I find myself behind those dopes .... I just slow down, fall back, or pass.

Around here it's usually gardeners hauling a piled too high load of yard debris to the recycler/dump. A ten yr old tattered 5 dollar blue cover tarp flapping in the breeze, doing lil' good, leaves/stuff flying out behind. Or at the end of the month, people switching apts w/ all their worldlies piled atop some poor lil' compact car.

If something falls off a car ahead and you don't have time to stop/react, well some of that's on you for tailgating. Muffler, bumper, driveshaft, brake pad, etc, accidentally falling off a car ahead, well that might not be avoidable, but if you're tailgating a badly/dangerously loaded vehicle, you're kinda just asking for it. He may be in the wrong BUT you're gonna be the one w/ an orange sofa as a hood ornament ..... or dead.

April 9th, 2012, 5:34 am #10

Thanks, Mike
Someone on the www NOT truthful????? Naw! nt.