Are you freakin' kidding me!? Stupid model airplane!

Are you freakin' kidding me!? Stupid model airplane!

July 8th, 2012, 7:37 pm #1

Gentlemen,

I have been searching on line over a week for good photos of the wheeled version of the OS2U Kingfisher so I can convert the Monogram kit.

I just noticed a few minutes ago that it includes the parts for a wheeled version in the box! W T F! How did I miss that!?

Oh well, I learned a few things about the Kingfisher this past few days!

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt

July 8th, 2012, 8:03 pm #2

done anything to match. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

July 8th, 2012, 8:42 pm #3

Gentlemen,

I have been searching on line over a week for good photos of the wheeled version of the OS2U Kingfisher so I can convert the Monogram kit.

I just noticed a few minutes ago that it includes the parts for a wheeled version in the box! W T F! How did I miss that!?

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt
Get a copy of Dana Bells new book on the OS2U it will answer many questions

July 8th, 2012, 9:09 pm #4

Gentlemen,

I don't think in my entire model building lifetime, I have ever seen one built, in a magazine or contest table on wheels.
I thought that the floats were the way Monogram intended it be built.

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

July 8th, 2012, 9:54 pm #5

Alfredo Garcia's excellent build from ARC.

http://www.arcair.com/Gal7/6601-6700/ga ... ia/00.shtm

I love the esoteric quality of this build,

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

July 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm #6

Gentlemen,

What are you doing building? Get back to work on our decal sheet!

[/img]

July 8th, 2012, 10:35 pm #7

done anything to match. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
I lost track a long time ago on how many times I've done that.

CHeers, Terry

July 8th, 2012, 10:41 pm #8

What are you doing building? Get back to work on our decal sheet!

[/img]
678-749-2528

I'm all the way through a 1.5L bottle of Sangria and just popped a Sam Adams Summer Ale, but I'm still coherent!

Would like to discuss the sheet with you (as well as some others I've got going).

Dave

July 8th, 2012, 10:49 pm #9

I'm getting the kids dinner right now. I'll give a call when we're done.

July 8th, 2012, 11:20 pm #10

Gentlemen,

when you've been checking through the parts and you can't find that small sprue.
With the ladder or aux. panels or pilot's arms, or s/thing.

Muttering like a demented scientist, burrowing through all the parts - at least three times - you suddenly feel it, In your left hand.
Your left pinky has it tucked against your palm, instead of putting it back, so you could use both hands for fossicking.

'Selected forgettery' is, I believe, the medical condition.