APTGB SB2C WIP, the crisis passes

APTGB SB2C WIP, the crisis passes

January 10th, 2012, 8:01 am #1

I'm pleased to report that the Future top-coat cleared up the clouded finish as hoped. So I'm finally out of the woods on the decals:

Here's the overall view as it stands now:

She now sits on a bustling factory floor of the Airfix Works awaiting final assembly, a tad of weathering and a matte coat:

I gotta figure that crew is getting pretty tired of sitting in the cockpits waiting for some action.

Stuart

January 10th, 2012, 9:27 am #2

All you needed is patience ;-), n/t

January 10th, 2012, 9:29 am #3

I'm pleased to report that the Future top-coat cleared up the clouded finish as hoped. So I'm finally out of the woods on the decals:

She now sits on a bustling factory floor of the Airfix Works awaiting final assembly, a tad of weathering and a matte coat:

I gotta figure that crew is getting pretty tired of sitting in the cockpits waiting for some action.

Stuart
....otherwise it would been a son-of-a-b#$ch 2nd class

Cheers

I said "Dart Gun", not a....
Gru - Despicable Me

I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

January 10th, 2012, 11:30 am #4

Stuart
and she is looking great!

January 10th, 2012, 12:32 pm #5

Stuart
nt

January 10th, 2012, 3:17 pm #6

Stuart
...to see things turned out so well! I always have paint problems but rarely decal problems - you seem to suffer a lot more than most people on that front! Looking forward to see the last finishing touches on your 'diver.

January 10th, 2012, 4:31 pm #7

Stuart
That looks amazing! Great scribing too!

January 10th, 2012, 10:20 pm #8

Stuart
I was biting my finger nails waiting to see how this turned out, so pleased to see the result, blooming tops.

Cheers
Jim

January 10th, 2012, 10:24 pm #9

Stuart
Good to hear it turned out ok with the decals

Your paint job looks magnificent too, very magnificent, and I like it as it is now, I'm no expert on US Navy aircraft but I think these aircraft had some kind of satin shine over them, and your model seems to have that now - I wonder how a mate coat will look on it

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Hasegawa - Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero : Part I - Part II ( incl. Belgian Scale Modellers Convention 2011 show report) Part III/End
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

January 11th, 2012, 12:02 am #10

Stuart
Nice save old man.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish