APTGB - Force Z - HMS Repulse (finished)

APTGB - Force Z - HMS Repulse (finished)

November 27th, 2011, 12:27 am #1

I have finished off the Repulse.

I was intending to put photo etch guard rails on her, but after 30 minutes and language that would make an NCO blush I gave in for now.

So here she is warts and all.

I drilled out all the port holes (probably missed one or two) and main gun barrels and added some token rigging.

Now doing the disruptive paint scheme to the Prince of Wales hull before continiung its build.

So whilst waiting for the paijnt to dry, I will be joiing the P-40 build with this

Fred
Last edited by fredcoulson on November 27th, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 27th, 2011, 12:43 am #2

Good job on that ship, n/t

November 27th, 2011, 12:51 am #3

I was intending to put photo etch guard rails on her, but after 30 minutes and language that would make an NCO blush I gave in for now.

I drilled out all the port holes (probably missed one or two) and main gun barrels and added some token rigging.

Now doing the disruptive paint scheme to the Prince of Wales hull before continiung its build.

So whilst waiting for the paijnt to dry, I will be joiing the P-40 build with this

Fred
Beautiful ship build, Very nice. n/t

November 27th, 2011, 12:55 am #4

Fred
You've done her proud Fred, nice going.
Can't wait to see your P-40 !!

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

November 27th, 2011, 10:29 am #5

Fred
Looks fabulous! n/t

November 27th, 2011, 11:07 am #6

Fred
a few build installments? Last week it was in the box!!!

How did it go together? I going to need this and the PoW for my one man "Sink the Bismarck group build"

cheers
Andrew

November 27th, 2011, 11:26 am #7

You did not miss anything.. The first input a week ago showed the kits, By the next day I had the two hulls to fit out stage as they realy went together very easily.

I concentrated on Repulse first as she was the quicker of the two and the easier paint scheme.

I will post some more shots in a few days on the progress of the POW

Fred

November 27th, 2011, 11:41 am #8

Fred
I only did one ship, Airfix HMS Suffolk converted into waterline HMS Kent, but seeing your "full hull" job I think I will do one more...
Massimo LaCivita

November 27th, 2011, 2:59 pm #9

Fred
Great build of a great ship.

Greg in OK

November 27th, 2011, 9:37 pm #10

Fred
It's an interesting colour scheme too!

Regards,
Adrian