AOKGB Firefly 313 Milliput-orama

AOKGB Firefly 313 Milliput-orama

August 7th, 2012, 8:15 am #1

Well third post in as many days!! I managed to assemble the fuselage halves succesfully but noticed a bit of a gap behind the pilots seat, bar that all well and good.

I then attached the various Airwaves p/e wing fold parts... the ones that went on the outer wing sections were a major struggle, in hindsight and after attaching the inner wing section p/e parts recessed I believe the kit recessed detail on the fold ends should be removed so the p/e parts can be set recessed... but this is not explained in the poor instructions sheets. So they tend to look a bit ugly... hense I have used some liquid putty to try and make them more presentable... ugh...

I made up a large amount of Milliput (lucky I have other kits I can use leftover Milliput on) to fill where the p/e wheel well detail leaves gaps as well as the various wing fold sections and the fuselage join itself. I also put some on the nose of the fuselage to be sculptured later to represent the missing intakes.. not on the Airfix kit.

That's all for now!!

Simon

August 7th, 2012, 12:03 pm #2

See you on Saturday?

August 8th, 2012, 5:51 am #3

the magic stuff. Of course there is also heaps of elbow excersize to go with dried Milliput....

Yes shall be there without bells on .. on Saturday..

Simon

August 8th, 2012, 7:19 pm #4

Well third post in as many days!! I managed to assemble the fuselage halves succesfully but noticed a bit of a gap behind the pilots seat, bar that all well and good.

I then attached the various Airwaves p/e wing fold parts... the ones that went on the outer wing sections were a major struggle, in hindsight and after attaching the inner wing section p/e parts recessed I believe the kit recessed detail on the fold ends should be removed so the p/e parts can be set recessed... but this is not explained in the poor instructions sheets. So they tend to look a bit ugly... hense I have used some liquid putty to try and make them more presentable... ugh...

I made up a large amount of Milliput (lucky I have other kits I can use leftover Milliput on) to fill where the p/e wheel well detail leaves gaps as well as the various wing fold sections and the fuselage join itself. I also put some on the nose of the fuselage to be sculptured later to represent the missing intakes.. not on the Airfix kit.

That's all for now!!

Simon

Great - I must've fallen asleep during class somewhere

Too late for mine now

Nice steady progress Simon - I skip the wing fold PE parts.... I had enough fun with them

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Douglas Devastator : Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Spitfire Mk.22 & AZ Model - Spitfire Mk.22: Part I (incl Flying Legends 2012 show report) - Part II
1/72 - Airfix - Fairey Firefly Mk.5 & Eastern Express - �Fairey Firefly Mk.I: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

August 9th, 2012, 7:28 am #5

which you can still do??

August 9th, 2012, 8:47 am #6

That's all for now!!

Simon

nose intakes a wee bit too prominent - they are only a couple of inches deep and do not break the line of the nose - I made a short cut with a knife and then scraped the plastic away towards the nose.

August 10th, 2012, 2:12 am #7

That's all for now!!

Simon

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish