Anyone scheduled a cruise lately??

Anyone scheduled a cruise lately??

January 25th, 2012, 10:58 pm #1

We have one for early Fall and the Cruise Line CEO just now sent us a long letter assuring us of their Safety and Captain's credentials/training!!
Makes you wonder if they havent had alot of cancelations???

Bo

January 26th, 2012, 1:34 am #2

n/t.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

January 26th, 2012, 1:58 am #3

We have one for early Fall and the Cruise Line CEO just now sent us a long letter assuring us of their Safety and Captain's credentials/training!!

Bo
Old Digger Pilot

January 26th, 2012, 2:00 am #4

Bo
I concluded I wasn't going on one a while ago after so many people were getting sick and spending their cruises parked on the throne.

January 26th, 2012, 2:08 am #5

Bo
Somewhere warm...

Cheers,
Dave

January 26th, 2012, 2:34 am #6

I concluded I wasn't going on one a while ago after so many people were getting sick and spending their cruises parked on the throne.
Pulled into a town down on the Ohio River and offloaded a bunch of sick people on the local hospital!

I guess it's the proximity of all those people in the spreading of germs

I called it the "plague ship" after that

January 26th, 2012, 2:35 am #7

Bo
...the Captain is not the only one on the bridge, what was everyone else doing at the time?
Even if he said to steer in a certain direction wouldn't someone notice the rocks close to shore and mention it?
"Oh Captain, aren't we close enough to those people you want to impress yet"
It was a nice clear day, not an iceberg in sight....just some rocks.

Owen

January 26th, 2012, 2:47 am #8

Bo
Smaller ships, better service, worth the increased cost, and in general a better class of passengers. I also have been on a Norwegian cruise in Hawaii. It was a larger ship, although not one of the monster sizes you see lately. You defenitely notice the differences with a bigger ship, although in general I tried to spend as little time as possible on the ship when in a port.

January 26th, 2012, 3:04 am #9

Pulled into a town down on the Ohio River and offloaded a bunch of sick people on the local hospital!

I guess it's the proximity of all those people in the spreading of germs

I called it the "plague ship" after that
You can't eat without someone squirting your hands with sanitizer!! And I use the stuff.

I think that's about ending cruise ship illness.

Bo

January 26th, 2012, 3:15 am #10

they have had this problem for a LONG time... Of course, it doesn't help matters that 2/3 of the cooking and wait staff are from 3rd world countries, and just don't know any better.....

Or that cruise lines buy food with the "we'll get it cheaper over there..." mindset....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"