Anyone not using there railings for the Titanic from Accademy Minicraft kit ?

Anyone not using there railings for the Titanic from Accademy Minicraft kit ?

May 3rd, 2012, 8:33 pm #1

I need the outside railings for the kit. Hoping someone out there that used the photo etch that isnt using them might be able to part with them.

May 3rd, 2012, 9:43 pm #2

Academy has a 1/400 Titanic with photo etch and Minicraft do the 1/350 Titanic with photo etch. Minicraft and Academy are not the same company.

In any rate, I would buy a set of etched railings for either kit. I have the Minicraft kit and 1) the plastic railings are thick and clunky and 2) the etched railings are somewhat crude and incomplete anyway.

Tom's Modelworks has tons of sets for all of the Titanic kits.

May 3rd, 2012, 11:27 pm #3

It is 1/ 350th. It was an Accademy Minicraft kit before they split. No photo etch in the kit. My client is only paying for a straight out of the box build which requires me to use these ridiculously thick rails. I hate it,,but I have no choice.

THe kit was provided to me with missing parts. I am short 2 of the outside hand rails for the bow of the ship. No time to scratch build here, and it isnt in the budget I am afraid this time,,,can you help ?
Last edited by jrfox21 on May 3rd, 2012, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2012, 11:30 pm #4

I know you dont want to scratch build but it would not take too long to make two rails. I would break into my kit but its all sealed up and unstarted. The current Minicraft kit is quite a bit different than the ooold MA issue.

You might ask here... they have a forum, etc.

http://titanic-model.com/

Last edited by djnick66 on May 3rd, 2012, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2012, 3:13 am #5

Hard to explain,,,but needing to stay completely stock on this build. Thanx for the tip on the site though.

May 4th, 2012, 1:32 pm #6

I need the outside railings for the kit. Hoping someone out there that used the photo etch that isnt using them might be able to part with them.
If anyone is replacing the rails with photo etch that wont be using there kit pieces that can spare them,,,I need 2 rails for port and starboard of the bow,,,,,,,,,, Thanx in advance,,,,,,, : )

May 4th, 2012, 2:22 pm #7

Yeah its a liner but its steel and they may be able to help you out there. Also, in a lot of cases, it may take a few days or a week for someone to see your post. I had asked about a spare tank hull and that was the case. It was a good 4-5-6 days and then the person is out of the US so getting it will take a couple of weeks.

May 4th, 2012, 3:11 pm #8

If anyone is replacing the rails with photo etch that wont be using there kit pieces that can spare them,,,I need 2 rails for port and starboard of the bow,,,,,,,,,, Thanx in advance,,,,,,, : )
I have a couple of these in the stash and have p/e rails for them....

Would be happy to send them to you - can probably get them out by Monday

Murphy

May 4th, 2012, 3:36 pm #9

I will E Mail you my address and will reimburse you for shipping cost