Anyone here in the US have experience w/ 'Deutsche Post Brief'? One ....

Anyone here in the US have experience w/ 'Deutsche Post Brief'? One ....

January 14th, 2018, 11:00 am #1

48th fighter sized kit from an eBayer, 15 bucks to Calif. Is 'Brief' similar to Japan Post's, to the US, SAL? 3-4 wks, standby, air, and truck the rest of the way. Or EMS, air most all the way.

From the USPS tracking site, looks to have been sitting at a German airport since Jan 3. Nothing more recent than the info from the 3rd. No updates the 3rd to now.

Deutsche Post's tracking site shows zip, and googling wasn't much help. Maybe something lost in google's translation tho.

Or because of the times, are US bound pkgs outta Germany under extra spl close inspection?

Just wondering cuz the last pkg from Germany, a few yrs ago, slightly smaller item, got here in a wk/10 days if I recall.

January 14th, 2018, 11:23 am #2

Hi
I googled. It looks like Brief is similar to the UK Royal Mail Small Packet rate with certain size and weight limits.

The Deutsche Post web site gives all the weight and size limits for the different categories the Brief range.

Why not contact the seller?

Andrew

January 14th, 2018, 11:33 am #3

48th fighter sized kit from an eBayer, 15 bucks to Calif. Is 'Brief' similar to Japan Post's, to the US, SAL? 3-4 wks, standby, air, and truck the rest of the way. Or EMS, air most all the way.

From the USPS tracking site, looks to have been sitting at a German airport since Jan 3. Nothing more recent than the info from the 3rd. No updates the 3rd to now.

Deutsche Post's tracking site shows zip, and googling wasn't much help. Maybe something lost in google's translation tho.

Or because of the times, are US bound pkgs outta Germany under extra spl close inspection?

Just wondering cuz the last pkg from Germany, a few yrs ago, slightly smaller item, got here in a wk/10 days if I recall.
A brief german for letter is just that, even the biggest version may not be bigger than 35 x 25 x 5cm which is 13 x 10 x 2inch maximum weight is 1kg roughly 2 lbs. So either this is a fairly small kit or something is wrong. Besides of that while being the cheapest way to send something its also the most unlikely way because the brief is not insured in any way, so if it gets lost, thats it.

Something small like a small kit could be send as a "Päckchen" (a small parcel) bu this works only nationwide and not international so the only real choice is Paket (parcel) its international and it can be insured, so in case it gets lost someone else will pay for it.

Otherwise the German Post is very sophisticated and highly reputable. Perhaps your shipment was held up by customs or other reasons, just give it a few more days and I hope thae best for you.

Cheers
René

Last edited by Sangamon on January 14th, 2018, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2018, 12:05 pm #4

I have the same issue with tracking when ordering in China or S.Korea.
Tracking suddenly stops at the outbound airport and the shipment is like in a black box until the day of delivery.
Most probably the letter is already in the U.S. but still in customs clearance, so that USPS could not bring it into their tracking system yet.
Today is the 14th, so I would not be worried.

Thomas

January 14th, 2018, 12:09 pm #5

A brief german for letter is just that, even the biggest version may not be bigger than 35 x 25 x 5cm which is 13 x 10 x 2inch maximum weight is 1kg roughly 2 lbs. So either this is a fairly small kit or something is wrong. Besides of that while being the cheapest way to send something its also the most unlikely way because the brief is not insured in any way, so if it gets lost, thats it.

Something small like a small kit could be send as a "Päckchen" (a small parcel) bu this works only nationwide and not international so the only real choice is Paket (parcel) its international and it can be insured, so in case it gets lost someone else will pay for it.

Otherwise the German Post is very sophisticated and highly reputable. Perhaps your shipment was held up by customs or other reasons, just give it a few more days and I hope thae best for you.

Cheers
René
Deutsche Post international letter options include some that are as large as a small parcel, but only half the price, a 1/48 kit can be sent (unregistered) for less than EUR 8,-.

Information not shared is information lost.

January 14th, 2018, 12:16 pm #6

I once had a small parcel sent in late November which was not delivered to its US recipient until mid-February. Granted, that was exceptional, but delays before and after Xmas, right into the new year, are nothing unusual.

No need for conspiracy theories, US-bound packages do not get any special treatment, US customs does that all by itself - ever tried to send (factory-sealed) chocolate or gingerbread to the US?

Information not shared is information lost.

January 15th, 2018, 1:26 am #7

Hi
I googled. It looks like Brief is similar to the UK Royal Mail Small Packet rate with certain size and weight limits.

The Deutsche Post web site gives all the weight and size limits for the different categories the Brief range.

Why not contact the seller?

Andrew
on Monday. It's a shop/LHS so perhaps closed the last few days.

January 15th, 2018, 1:31 am #8

Deutsche Post international letter options include some that are as large as a small parcel, but only half the price, a 1/48 kit can be sent (unregistered) for less than EUR 8,-.
Thanks. It's your 'standard' Hasegawa 48th single engine fighter sized box. nt.

January 15th, 2018, 1:43 am #9

I have the same issue with tracking when ordering in China or S.Korea.
Tracking suddenly stops at the outbound airport and the shipment is like in a black box until the day of delivery.
Most probably the letter is already in the U.S. but still in customs clearance, so that USPS could not bring it into their tracking system yet.
Today is the 14th, so I would not be worried.

Thomas
from Hong Kong. At the wharf, then zip info until it's a day away at my local PO just about to be delivered. Or 'worse', the pkg is at my ft door! HK wharf to my ft door and zip tracking info. Isn't this why they have bar codes and readers?! I'm home a lot so usually not a problem but if a M-F 9-5 type, w/ a big/$$ pkg just sitting at my ft door for 6 hrs, I'd be way more concerned and prob choose to have it sent to work next time instead of the hs.

Just a bit concerned at day 14 cuz I usually get stuff from Europe (UK, France, Ger, etc) in 7-10 days EZ.

It's eBay'd, PayPal, so I'm not too concerned other than it's a pretty rare Hasegawa 48th kit that I've seldom seen on eBay. I've been looking for some time, and finally bingo a few wks ago.

January 15th, 2018, 1:50 am #10

I once had a small parcel sent in late November which was not delivered to its US recipient until mid-February. Granted, that was exceptional, but delays before and after Xmas, right into the new year, are nothing unusual.

No need for conspiracy theories, US-bound packages do not get any special treatment, US customs does that all by itself - ever tried to send (factory-sealed) chocolate or gingerbread to the US?
get spl attention? Or is it a foodstuffs issue? Bugs, mold and such that might infect US crops. I thought Euro US 'allies' like Germany checked some suspicious pkgs their end nowadays, before US Customs, here or there, even gets their in hand opportunity.