anyone else like to watch "The Big Bang Theory"?

anyone else like to watch "The Big Bang Theory"?

January 12th, 2012, 4:09 am #1

I'm not really a sitcom guy, but this show is FUNNY. Howard is my favorite character. "Klingon Boggle", you just have to laugh.

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

January 12th, 2012, 4:13 am #2

...I've seen a few minutes of several episodes which a local (FOX) station reruns in the 7:30 time slot. Looks like funny stuff, kinda like NBC's Community. Too bad it's on CBS. I don't watch CBS because they have a record of lame and idiotic shows for the last decade, The Unit being the sole exception. (IMHO, if it were really a good show, it would be on ABC, NBC, or FOX.)

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

January 12th, 2012, 5:26 am #3

I'm not really a sitcom guy, but this show is FUNNY. Howard is my favorite character. "Klingon Boggle", you just have to laugh.

Funny show. What I find funny is that the writers have to know people who are or are actually like some of the characters portrayed. It's just too close to the real folks I run into at shows....does that make me one of them? lol. I work an airbrush sales booth so I attend their conventions etc. pretty regularly. Funny damn show fer sure. Sheldon and Raj are my two favorites..."Q"

Matt Quiroz
Centennial IPMS
Colorado Springs, CO.

January 12th, 2012, 7:21 am #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g15bcUXWXuk

Here's the entire theme song.
Just learned this week that The Barenaked Ladies did the theme

Jim

Retirement is so great, I don't know why I didn't start 20 years ago.
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

January 12th, 2012, 12:14 pm #5

funny. Mike

January 12th, 2012, 2:10 pm #6

Love it,it brings back memories. My last year living on campus at TAMU I was a resident advisor and all those guys lived in my dorm. It was a hoot.

January 12th, 2012, 2:32 pm #7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g15bcUXWXuk

Here's the entire theme song.
Just learned this week that The Barenaked Ladies did the theme

Jim

Retirement is so great, I don't know why I didn't start 20 years ago.
... is a major science geek, and has sometimes been a guest host on the Canadian science show Daily Planet. Private pilot too.

January 12th, 2012, 7:26 pm #8

knock knock knock "Penny" Knock knock knock "Penny" Knock knock knock "Penny"... In the opening credits there is a fleeting image of 4(or is it 3) aircraft. My guess is Hurricanes. I'm too ham fisted with my DVR to stop the image at that point.

I love the show and there are always numerous references to things that appeal to many of the readers of HS.

Look, when a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For example, when someone points a Quad Vectored Hypo Thermic Cosmo Blaster at you, it's a fair bet you are about to become toast. And in your case, a whole loaf of toast!
Last edited by braincells37 on January 12th, 2012, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 12th, 2012, 8:12 pm #9

...very funny with a good smattering of cerebral humor.

January 12th, 2012, 8:15 pm #10

Old Digger Pilot