Anybody know if/when the 1/48 Academy F-4B is coming out?

Anybody know if/when the 1/48 Academy F-4B is coming out?

July 21st, 2012, 4:58 pm #1

nt

July 21st, 2012, 7:50 pm #2

http://www.academy.co.kr/eng/6q/frmBoar ... pCode=4918

Pawel

NOTE: Insert .k between my name and @ in my email address!!!

July 22nd, 2012, 12:37 am #3

Nor even CAD images. I'll believe it when I see it..

July 22nd, 2012, 5:27 am #4

Much agreed, Pete! The nice box art just won't cut it, we need to see the goods if we are to believe this just isn't sweet words in modelers ears. Why are they talking so long on this?

"I over came the odds to get even."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note To Self: Oyumaru is NOT a fruit snack!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 22nd, 2012, 3:29 pm #5

Nor even CAD images. I'll believe it when I see it..
This is not their style. They will show us pics of completed model when they are ready.

Pawel

July 30th, 2012, 5:05 pm #6

Pawel

Noticed on the box art, they show the a/c on the cat, ready for launch, but shouldn't the inner l/e flap also be dropped? This was a feature of the B-model (and maybe the N) as compared to the F-4J. Wonder how it will be on the kit itself. Would not be too much work to drop the flap if needed. I've seen some great-looking models of the F-4B where this feature was missed.

Roy Mc

July 30th, 2012, 5:05 pm #7

Pawel

Noticed on the box art, they show the a/c on the cat, ready for launch, but shouldn't the inner l/e flap also be dropped? This was a feature of the B-model (and maybe the N) as compared to the F-4J. Wonder how it will be on the kit itself. Would not be too much work to drop the flap if needed. I've seen some great-looking models of the F-4B where this feature was missed.

Roy Mc

July 31st, 2012, 4:44 pm #8

Roy Mc
Most likely the kit won't have droped LE flaps/slats anyway.

July 31st, 2012, 5:10 pm #9

Roy Mc
the inner LE flaps were pinned on F-4Bs,,,,that change might coincide with an aircraft receiving the Slotted Stab, I have not dug into that timing

at any rate, it did happen to F-4Bs sometime before the F-4N program, and all Ns had the LE pinned up

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

August 1st, 2012, 9:00 pm #10

Roy Mc
The N models I worked on at NAS Key West in the mid 70's, the inboard leading edge flaps were not pinned. As a plane captain you had check operation as it was part of the drill during pre-taxie control checks to check for boundry layer air operation.

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx
Last edited by aim7e on August 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.