Anybody got a color reference link for the cammo version of Mace/Terracruzer?

Anybody got a color reference link for the cammo version of Mace/Terracruzer?

April 24th, 2012, 1:26 pm #1

I seem to remember a few years ago seeing a high-dollar kit (at a vendor table) w/cammo version (well, at least I remember it as overall Olive Drab) of the ex-Renwal kit. I'd rather do an operational version of the re-released kit than a blue/orabge test version. So far my Google search has been little help.

Bondo
Last edited by bondo455 on April 24th, 2012, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2012, 3:00 pm #2

I did a search on Revell History Makers Mace with Terracruzer and found several links, but here is one in particular:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=rev ... ory+makers

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ken

April 24th, 2012, 3:11 pm #3

http://www.mace-b.com/38TMW/Missiles/flight.htm

The links on the left will also take you to different locations that had the Mace and Matador. I haven't checked them all out, but you might find something of interest there.

Cheers, Ken

April 24th, 2012, 3:19 pm #4

I seem to remember a few years ago seeing a high-dollar kit (at a vendor table) w/cammo version (well, at least I remember it as overall Olive Drab) of the ex-Renwal kit. I'd rather do an operational version of the re-released kit than a blue/orabge test version. So far my Google search has been little help.

Bondo
part of was based out of Sembach, our home unit was there. There were several of, 3 or 4, these Maces set up, on the trailers, at the edge of the base & we went to see them. They weren't operational at the time, I think, but had been recently. The trailers were painted solid O.D. I remember distinctly, since I had built the Renwall kit. They were parked next to each other, with a fairly wide wooden platform at the ends of the trailers, and wooden "piers" between each trailer. Stairs up werre at the end of the wide platform. The Tractors that pulled them were nowhere to be seen, unfortunatly.
HTH

April 25th, 2012, 1:57 pm #5

Bondo
I'm definnitely leaning toward the O.D. scheme.

Phil

April 27th, 2012, 12:21 am #6

Bondo
There is only one kit and its the old Renwal kit also sold by Revell. The kit itself does not depict a service missile as the fuselage is considerably different. The trucks can be OD or blue. Missiles were never camo painted but could be natural metal with zinc chromate yellow, grey, or orange for test launches, etc.

Again the 2 part IPMS article is pretty exhaustive on the missile ,truck and launcher plus paint schemes.
Last edited by djnick66 on April 27th, 2012, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.