Any way to save premoistened decals???

Any way to save premoistened decals???

April 21st, 2017, 1:02 am #1

This question has probably been asked hundreds of times but I can't seem to put the correct description in google. Anyway, I have several kits that were on the basement floor at the time my water heater tank decided to spring a leak. One in particular was the 1/24 Kinetic P-47D Razorback and trying to find replacement decals is like finding hen's teeth as the saying goes. The decals look like they have gotten slightly damp as some of the decal numbers have shifted around but the sheet almost looks OK. The box is totally destroyed. Any help is appreciated and if anyone knows how to get in touch with Kinetic possibly. Thank you for any help.

Dan

April 21st, 2017, 1:31 am #2

If they're still on the paper then they're most likely fine and will come off again when you soak them but you might need to get some decal adhesive or use Future to apply them though. I've used decals I've accidentally soaked in water to use them only to realize it's the wrong decal. I just then just laid them back on the paper and let it dry out.

April 21st, 2017, 12:50 pm #3

Unfortunately, when I've done that, the decals stayed firmly attached to the paper when I've re-soaked them. Could have just been the age of the decals, when they were manufactured or even who the manufacturer was.
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."