Any tips with decals that have been sealed with Future?

Any tips with decals that have been sealed with Future?

March 26th, 2012, 1:22 am #1

I did a big no-no. I applied a decal according to the instructions and sealed it with future, only to realise it was misplaced (after looking at references)...Should have looked at the references 1st!

Anybody have a solution? Will Micro Sol/Set work?

March 26th, 2012, 1:24 am #2

Measure twice, buy a model and decal set once.

yeah, all except the part about him being presumed dead.

March 26th, 2012, 1:28 am #3

I actually did check and rechecked, but it was the instruction sheet, not the actual photos of the subject...

March 26th, 2012, 1:42 am #4

I did a big no-no. I applied a decal according to the instructions and sealed it with future, only to realise it was misplaced (after looking at references)...Should have looked at the references 1st!

It's easy enough to remove the Future, just wipe it off with something with ammonia in it. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to salvage a decal after it's been applied a let dry. However, if you have a replacement you should be able to remove it with decal solvent(setting solution won't do anything) and a toothpick or maybe with tape.

March 26th, 2012, 1:47 am #5

/

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

March 26th, 2012, 10:04 am #6

The final result will soon be in Plastic Pic...

March 26th, 2012, 2:58 pm #7

to remove the decal by applying Tamiya tape to it, and ripping it off. The bond between the tape and the Future, and the Future and the decal, is stronger than the bond between the decal and the model. Came off without difficulty.

Unable to salvage the decal, of course.

Cheers,

Chris.