Any of you ever watch Auction Hunters?

Any of you ever watch Auction Hunters?

April 5th, 2012, 7:17 pm #1

The one with the big guy called Ton Jones. I bet he is a great guy to have a beer with. Anyway these two guys find some of the darndest things. On a new eisode last night they bought a storage unit in an Auction and found a P-38 Belly Tank Racer in it. What a cool thing to have! I have seen photos of these things and of war time aircraft with the the tanks but last night it hit me just how large those tanks really are!

The 69 Chevelle was a pretty cool find too!

Mike

April 5th, 2012, 8:43 pm #2

thought it might be from a p-51...i too was taken by the size...in our minds ww11 fighters were much smaller than they were...those guys were actually banking and diving tractor trailers through the sky...but i don't believe these finds in these lockers...people don't leave good stuff unless they go to jail or die...i think they are set-ups but entertaining...who would pay $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 for a storage locker...wouldn't take long to go broke at that rate...and the bidders are such white trash mostly...though brandi on storage wars is pretty hot...the tow guys storage guys and pickers and pawn guys[especially the one in detroit]are total fakes but sos any tv show or movie the news included...i watch anyway

r

April 5th, 2012, 8:57 pm #3

The bidders on these shows(for the most part)are buying items to sell in their business. Some bidders are collectors. The episodes you see are probably only a small part of the storage units being sold so you only see the units sold that are "interesting" or have interesting items like converted drop tanks which makes for "good" TV.

Look, when a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For example, when someone points a Quad Vectored Hypo Thermic Cosmo Blaster at you, it's a fair bet you are about to become toast. And in your case, a whole loaf of toast!

April 5th, 2012, 10:19 pm #4

we just see the interesting stuff but still... who goes off and forgets they had a 69 Chevelle in a storage locker and never pays the rent!?? There was a storage hunter at the San Antonio show in February that purchased a locker full of model kits. He was cleaning up at the show for $5.00 a kit. I purchased a big box full of stuff for $100.00 from him and made out like a bandit myself. We heard he paid $1200.00 for the locker and he still had some guns and a coin collection to sell from the same locker, So I guess some of these are true. He arrived in a 24 foot Ryder truck with all this stuff.

Mike

April 5th, 2012, 10:32 pm #5

storage wars they each get paid $2,000.00 an episode

r

April 6th, 2012, 4:09 am #6

we just see the interesting stuff but still... who goes off and forgets they had a 69 Chevelle in a storage locker and never pays the rent!?? There was a storage hunter at the San Antonio show in February that purchased a locker full of model kits. He was cleaning up at the show for $5.00 a kit. I purchased a big box full of stuff for $100.00 from him and made out like a bandit myself. We heard he paid $1200.00 for the locker and he still had some guns and a coin collection to sell from the same locker, So I guess some of these are true. He arrived in a 24 foot Ryder truck with all this stuff.

Mike
yea ...right

r

April 6th, 2012, 4:45 am #7

The one with the big guy called Ton Jones. I bet he is a great guy to have a beer with. Anyway these two guys find some of the darndest things. On a new eisode last night they bought a storage unit in an Auction and found a P-38 Belly Tank Racer in it. What a cool thing to have! I have seen photos of these things and of war time aircraft with the the tanks but last night it hit me just how large those tanks really are!

The 69 Chevelle was a pretty cool find too!

Mike
I just spent about an hour watching several shows. This is more addicting than heroen. I gotta say I love these shows. I don't care what anyone says. Just fun stuff!!

California Steve, who really doesn't watch too much regular TV.

Ok DWTS, NOT!!!!!!!
Last edited by steven9 on April 6th, 2012, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.