Any news on Tamiya new 1/48 releases???

Any news on Tamiya new 1/48 releases???

April 18th, 2012, 6:47 pm #1

Wouldnt it make sense for them to scale down there 1/32 Phantoms??

But others may know better??

Steve

April 18th, 2012, 6:52 pm #2

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 18th, 2012, 7:02 pm #3

Steve
that, while being a dream to assemble, quite accurate, and already tooled and ready to go, the modeling world was up in arms because it wasn't the subject they thought Tamiya should release.

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

April 18th, 2012, 7:10 pm #4

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/
And the funny part, a new Tamiya Bf 109G-6 would be a license to print money for Tamiya....it would end up being one of their best selling kits of all time.

It would also be the highest "whine why didn't they do the Fruitbat Mk I I really want" post leader of all time here also.....hell....I win the Powerball tonite I'll finance the molds for Tamiya

April 18th, 2012, 7:35 pm #5

with the part about license to print money. The Hasegawa 109F,G,K kits are long in the tooth and cry out for the kind of cockpit details we've come to expect from more recent releases from Tamiya and Hasegawa. If Tamiya produced a 1/48 109G kit every bit as good in terms of detail and fit as their A6M5 I'm sure I would buy five to start with. I have decals for at least fifty.

April 18th, 2012, 8:34 pm #6

that, while being a dream to assemble, quite accurate, and already tooled and ready to go, the modeling world was up in arms because it wasn't the subject they thought Tamiya should release.

bob
/

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

April 18th, 2012, 8:53 pm #7

with the part about license to print money. The Hasegawa 109F,G,K kits are long in the tooth and cry out for the kind of cockpit details we've come to expect from more recent releases from Tamiya and Hasegawa. If Tamiya produced a 1/48 109G kit every bit as good in terms of detail and fit as their A6M5 I'm sure I would buy five to start with. I have decals for at least fifty.
with the kind of detailed cockpit you are referring to. No license to print money there. Tamiya's disdain for P-40's must be deeply ingrained. This Sturmovik is right up there with the Storch for mystifying my a--.

April 18th, 2012, 9:48 pm #8

Steve
I'm sure we'll start seeing hundreds of the Special Hobby kits for sale on the web now.

Mike H
"If a tree fell in the forest, would it sue?"

April 18th, 2012, 10:28 pm #9

And the funny part, a new Tamiya Bf 109G-6 would be a license to print money for Tamiya....it would end up being one of their best selling kits of all time.

It would also be the highest "whine why didn't they do the Fruitbat Mk I I really want" post leader of all time here also.....hell....I win the Powerball tonite I'll finance the molds for Tamiya
They should put out an bf-109G6 kit, soup to nuts. Like their P47 kits with all the possible ordnance and optional trop filters, late canopy. Maybe too much to ask for different tails, but they probably couldnt make them fast enough anyway.

April 18th, 2012, 10:35 pm #10

with the kind of detailed cockpit you are referring to. No license to print money there. Tamiya's disdain for P-40's must be deeply ingrained. This Sturmovik is right up there with the Storch for mystifying my a--.
They have the research from the 1/72nd scale kit and the Tomahawk is a natural for them.

Having said that a new tool 1/48th Tamiya Bf 109G-6 (or F for that matter) would outsell a P-40B by a wide margin....because of the varied schemes you can do.

Bottom line is Tamiya will do what they want....remember...Tamiya Sr was a pilot in WWII...he might not like P-40's for some reason...