Any Mauser fans here?

Any Mauser fans here?

July 3rd, 2012, 1:27 am #1

I took the plunge and have started to stock the armory before it gets more difficult to do so. The Remington semi-auto 22 (18 shot) is going to get some company. Got a Czech M24/47 Saturday and have M98 on the way from Leesburg (VA)if they ever get the power back on up there.. Been fondling the 47 this evening. Got apart and cleaned most of the Cosmoline out of it. Gonna give it a total dis-assembly and cleaning this weekend. Bought the 75 rounds the guy had in the store. Will pop off about 10 on Wednesday down on the Mountain at Mom and Dad's and save the rest for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Speaking of Zombies. I think I'll need a something of the scattershooting variety too.

Will post some pics this weekend.. I hope..

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by dgcantrell on July 3rd, 2012, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 1:50 am #2

A K98 that was converted to 7.62 NATO by the Israelis, and a full-custom .243 varminter. The latter has a full 1-1/4" barrel and weighs something like 16 pounds.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

July 3rd, 2012, 1:54 am #3

a couple 7.62mm flavored ones at some point. I'm really itching for an M-14.. A Mini-40 would fit the bill too.

Cheers,
Dave

July 3rd, 2012, 3:55 am #4

I took the plunge and have started to stock the armory before it gets more difficult to do so. The Remington semi-auto 22 (18 shot) is going to get some company. Got a Czech M24/47 Saturday and have M98 on the way from Leesburg (VA)if they ever get the power back on up there.. Been fondling the 47 this evening. Got apart and cleaned most of the Cosmoline out of it. Gonna give it a total dis-assembly and cleaning this weekend. Bought the 75 rounds the guy had in the store. Will pop off about 10 on Wednesday down on the Mountain at Mom and Dad's and save the rest for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Speaking of Zombies. I think I'll need a something of the scattershooting variety too.

Cheers,
Dave
I have a Model 98 marked byf 42 with nazi markings I'm thinking about selling.

July 3rd, 2012, 6:55 am #5

The problem with the 98K is the take-homes were mixed. My Uncle got his in Italy. When he was sent home, he was led into a room; bolts on one table and stocks on the other, and was told to grab one of each if he wished to have one. Those aren't as valuable as one that's matching.

I have it now, and it's an heirloom. And it's been a hoot getting all the little bits together and taking it out to the range.

Ken

July 3rd, 2012, 12:27 pm #6

The stock, receiver, bolt, and the magazine/trigger guard assembly. The value of just matching numbers puts the gun starting at $300+. The condition of the gun determines the rest. I've seen them priced anywhere from $200 to $500. Excellent condition with matching numbers $500+.. I paid $300 for my M24/47 and will have $250 in the M98. I really don't care if all the numbers match as long as it's in good usable condition.

The only number that doesn't match on my M24/47 is the bolt..

Cheers,
Dave

July 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm #7

The problem with the 98K is the take-homes were mixed. My Uncle got his in Italy. When he was sent home, he was led into a room; bolts on one table and stocks on the other, and was told to grab one of each if he wished to have one. Those aren't as valuable as one that's matching.

I have it now, and it's an heirloom. And it's been a hoot getting all the little bits together and taking it out to the range.

Ken

Mine's in very good shape, but no matching numbers, I'm afraid. In fact, it's in such good shape I think it's been rebuilt.

July 3rd, 2012, 12:42 pm #8

The stock, receiver, bolt, and the magazine/trigger guard assembly. The value of just matching numbers puts the gun starting at $300+. The condition of the gun determines the rest. I've seen them priced anywhere from $200 to $500. Excellent condition with matching numbers $500+.. I paid $300 for my M24/47 and will have $250 in the M98. I really don't care if all the numbers match as long as it's in good usable condition.

The only number that doesn't match on my M24/47 is the bolt..

Cheers,
Dave
...but with the nazi markings etc., its still pretty cool. If it's not worth much I guess I'd be just as happy to keep it.

July 3rd, 2012, 1:07 pm #9

I'd be interested even with mis matched #s.

let me know if ya wabt to sell.

Mike

July 3rd, 2012, 9:06 pm #10

Cheers,
Dave
Big Mauser fan! I have been collecting military rifles since I was in college and have number of Mausers in my collection: I currently have the following in my collection:

M1898 7MM Mauser - Standard Spanish Army rifle during Span/Am war; G98 1916 standard German Infantry rifle, K98a Used by Stosstruppen during WWI, K98 (Have two) 1940 production with milled bands and a 1944 with stamped bands and although not a Mauser, I also have a G33/40 which was used by German WWII Mountain and Airborne troops. They are great fun to shoot at the range and ammo is fairly cheap, especially for the 8MMs. I love it when folks come up to me and ask where I got the "Nazi" rifles!!!! Too funny!!!!