Another quicky BoB Hurricane...Day 5..Finished!

Another quicky BoB Hurricane...Day 5..Finished!

September 19th, 2011, 9:33 pm #1

It's almost 10.30pm here local time GMT and am finished my entry for this weekend quicky build. Just to recap, it's Airfix's Hurricane in 1/72 from their "Duxford Gift Set". It's finished in the markings of RAF 310 (Czech) Squadron who flew from Duxford in August 1940.

Built largely OOB except for some 'belts, control column and other bits not visible in the cockpit. Brush painted with Revell acrylics, Future for decals, Humbrol Matt Cote which is still drying, hence a little shine on her still. Started this about 9.00pm last Thursday night and all in probably 13-15 hours on it. Great fun!

A late attempt to tone down the underside after I went a little OTT last night with my ham-fisted weathering....lesson learned!

Remembering The Few of all nationalities from that historic Summer

Thanks as always for reading and a big thanks to Allan for leading this one, and to Jim & Fred for being on my 'wing too.

Best wishes,

Dermot

September 19th, 2011, 10:16 pm #2

And under the wire too! How great it was to see these builds...well done.

September 19th, 2011, 10:44 pm #3

It's almost 10.30pm here local time GMT and am finished my entry for this weekend quicky build. Just to recap, it's Airfix's Hurricane in 1/72 from their "Duxford Gift Set". It's finished in the markings of RAF 310 (Czech) Squadron who flew from Duxford in August 1940.

Built largely OOB except for some 'belts, control column and other bits not visible in the cockpit. Brush painted with Revell acrylics, Future for decals, Humbrol Matt Cote which is still drying, hence a little shine on her still. Started this about 9.00pm last Thursday night and all in probably 13-15 hours on it. Great fun!

A late attempt to tone down the underside after I went a little OTT last night with my ham-fisted weathering....lesson learned!

Thanks as always for reading and a big thanks to Allan for leading this one, and to Jim & Fred for being on my 'wing too.

Best wishes,

Dermot
Dermot, great job, the toned down underside looks good.

Great fun building along with you, Fred and Allan.

A true all nationalities build.

Cheers
Jim

September 19th, 2011, 10:58 pm #4

Best wishes,

Dermot
Too much fun building like we were kids in hours rather than weeks !!!!
Thanks for joining in, great little Hurricane !!

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

September 20th, 2011, 1:24 am #5

Best wishes,

Dermot
13 to 15 hours - wow, that has to be a record of some sort, Dermot! Well done! Sorry I missed this 'mad scramble'of a quickie BoB build. Squadron airborne!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

September 21st, 2011, 7:22 pm #6

Best wishes,

Dermot
Good to see this decal option, and I like the weathering, worn and torn just like the real things in the real BoB - really great work

I liked the idea also very much, but timing was not really on my side

You did very good work - it is my dream to finish a model in a weekend, well maybe not in a weekend but in a short time like a week. All my current builds started with this idea and then they start lingering on... taking months to finish them - sigh...

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part IV
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

September 24th, 2011, 7:04 pm #7

Best wishes,

Dermot
Looks like you guys had a ball with this Blitz Build!

Cheers, Vic