Another 23rd TFS - F-4D 1969

Another 23rd TFS - F-4D 1969

April 11th, 2011, 11:09 pm #1

Here is the nearly completed next installment of my 23rd Fighter Squadron history. I was planning on a 52nd TFW version, tail code "SP", but found several photos of 23rd jets when they were sent from Bitburg over to Spangdahlem, while still attached to the 36th TFW before being transferred to the 52nd. I particularly like the "BS" tail code.

It's the old (original box) 1/48th Hasegawa F-4C/D with True Details inboard pylons and the one piece canopy from one of the later F-4s. Thanks to Joe Lortie for that. The cockpits are so barren I decided to include the aircrew to fill it up and then close the canopies. The seats are kit seats just painted up to add missing details. I added the pilot's map and checklist to the usual storage location on the glareshield. I also have a SUU-23 gun pod for the centerline.

I think I'll add a little more weathering since what I have doesn't show up well in the photos. Just dirty it up a bit and add a few scuffs and scratches.

For the F-4E and G models I'll put in the Aires cockpits.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

April 11th, 2011, 11:49 pm #2

Very Nice Model !! n/t

April 14th, 2011, 10:14 pm #3

Here is the nearly completed next installment of my 23rd Fighter Squadron history. I was planning on a 52nd TFW version, tail code "SP", but found several photos of 23rd jets when they were sent from Bitburg over to Spangdahlem, while still attached to the 36th TFW before being transferred to the 52nd. I particularly like the "BS" tail code.

It's the old (original box) 1/48th Hasegawa F-4C/D with True Details inboard pylons and the one piece canopy from one of the later F-4s. Thanks to Joe Lortie for that. The cockpits are so barren I decided to include the aircrew to fill it up and then close the canopies. The seats are kit seats just painted up to add missing details. I added the pilot's map and checklist to the usual storage location on the glareshield. I also have a SUU-23 gun pod for the centerline.

I think I'll add a little more weathering since what I have doesn't show up well in the photos. Just dirty it up a bit and add a few scuffs and scratches.

For the F-4E and G models I'll put in the Aires cockpits.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great job on the crew.