AMEGB Westland Sea King...Part 2

.

AMEGB Westland Sea King...Part 2

Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 9:51 pm

June 20th, 2012, 11:10 pm #1

Hey everyone and here's the latest on this one.

Adding the spacer behind the engine intake really helped with locating that part better...this is it untrimmed..



And with the excess trimmed of. I added the sponsons too and some filling & sanding to go yet in a few places.



The gap in the nose is planned and will be filled in - it actually makes the canopy fit almost perfectly! The under nose part also got the "spacer" treatment and will need some work as the fit there is....testing.

She's a big girl too - here she is next to a Revell EC-135 I'm also building right now which will be finished in a UK Police Force scheme . I don't just build rotors by the way, it's just how the current builds are happening!



Until the next time Airfix-ers, thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Best wishes,







Dermot
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 26th, 2006, 10:40 pm

June 21st, 2012, 12:59 am #2

It is INSPIRING to do mine.....



Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2008, 10:18 pm

June 21st, 2012, 1:58 am #3

Hey everyone and here's the latest on this one.

Adding the spacer behind the engine intake really helped with locating that part better...this is it untrimmed..



And with the excess trimmed of. I added the sponsons too and some filling & sanding to go yet in a few places.



The gap in the nose is planned and will be filled in - it actually makes the canopy fit almost perfectly! The under nose part also got the "spacer" treatment and will need some work as the fit there is....testing.

She's a big girl too - here she is next to a Revell EC-135 I'm also building right now which will be finished in a UK Police Force scheme . I don't just build rotors by the way, it's just how the current builds are happening!



Until the next time Airfix-ers, thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Best wishes,







Dermot
Dang, Dermot - the cockpits in both choppers show some real fine extra attention to detail! Gaaa - you have me drooling about a chopper Group Build - especially with that police chopper!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3; Postwar RCAF Pt. 4


Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs; Matilda Makeover; The Big Spit Finish; Me109 Finish; Vickers Tank Finish; Connies Finish

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 31st, 2005, 9:38 pm

June 21st, 2012, 8:19 am #4

especially as the Airfix item is not an easy one.

Like the police scheme. Which force? The Bedfordshire chopper is quite a regular visitor over here.

Incidentally Dermot, East Anglia Air Ambulance have done a tie up with Revell and sell their EC-135 in their schemes too.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 9:51 pm

June 21st, 2012, 12:39 pm #5

The West Midlands Air Support Unit, as far as I know (and what's printed on the decal sheet, which is from Germany!) They also do the London Met EC-145 on another sheet which i'll also have to try. Here's a latest WIP pic..



Thanks for the heads up on the East Anglia Air Ambulance kit too - will have to add that to the stash for sure!

Cheers,
Dermot


Dermot
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 11:33 pm

June 21st, 2012, 4:21 pm #6

Hey everyone and here's the latest on this one.

Adding the spacer behind the engine intake really helped with locating that part better...this is it untrimmed..



And with the excess trimmed of. I added the sponsons too and some filling & sanding to go yet in a few places.



The gap in the nose is planned and will be filled in - it actually makes the canopy fit almost perfectly! The under nose part also got the "spacer" treatment and will need some work as the fit there is....testing.

She's a big girl too - here she is next to a Revell EC-135 I'm also building right now which will be finished in a UK Police Force scheme . I don't just build rotors by the way, it's just how the current builds are happening!



Until the next time Airfix-ers, thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Best wishes,







Dermot
That is a big beast, isn't it?? Looks just right and will be even cooler with a lick o' paint.

Keep on posting...

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 13th, 2009, 11:31 pm

June 22nd, 2012, 10:20 am #7

Hey everyone and here's the latest on this one.

Adding the spacer behind the engine intake really helped with locating that part better...this is it untrimmed..



And with the excess trimmed of. I added the sponsons too and some filling & sanding to go yet in a few places.



The gap in the nose is planned and will be filled in - it actually makes the canopy fit almost perfectly! The under nose part also got the "spacer" treatment and will need some work as the fit there is....testing.

She's a big girl too - here she is next to a Revell EC-135 I'm also building right now which will be finished in a UK Police Force scheme . I don't just build rotors by the way, it's just how the current builds are happening!



Until the next time Airfix-ers, thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Best wishes,







Dermot
In fact its made me interested to build one sooner rather than later..

Cheers

Fred
Quote
Like
Share