AMEGB - Liberator and Halifax completed

AMEGB - Liberator and Halifax completed

May 29th, 2012, 8:28 pm #1

Here is the Halifax B III restoration with Falcon vac-form canopies, Paragon Airborne Cigar and Mandrel antennae, Aeroclub extended wing tips and Sky decals. This is a lovely kit and makes a pleasing model.

I also built the Airfix Liberator OOB for Marcus with Superscale decals. It was an old issue from the Palitoy days, costing all of £10 at Yeovilton Model Show and provided lots of fun!

Even the oil drum tail prop came from the Airfix Willys Jeep set!

Many thanks to my good friend, Roger Brown, for taking the pictures at the Harrow Modelling Society meeting just the day after the show.

They were finished just in time for our RAF Hendon Model Show. We are strongly supported by Airfix, who provided competition prizes and also by the Airfix tribute forum, who had a magnificent display in the Milestones of Flight Hall.

Both were highly enjoyable projects! Next the Sunderland and B-29

Happy Modelling everyone and keep up the great posts which I love reading.

tally ho!

Jonathan

May 29th, 2012, 9:37 pm #2

the B-24`s fine too but the Halifax has got it !

May 29th, 2012, 10:20 pm #3

Here is the Halifax B III restoration with Falcon vac-form canopies, Paragon Airborne Cigar and Mandrel antennae, Aeroclub extended wing tips and Sky decals. This is a lovely kit and makes a pleasing model.

I also built the Airfix Liberator OOB for Marcus with Superscale decals. It was an old issue from the Palitoy days, costing all of £10 at Yeovilton Model Show and provided lots of fun!

Many thanks to my good friend, Roger Brown, for taking the pictures at the Harrow Modelling Society meeting just the day after the show.

They were finished just in time for our RAF Hendon Model Show. We are strongly supported by Airfix, who provided competition prizes and also by the Airfix tribute forum, who had a magnificent display in the Milestones of Flight Hall.

tally ho!

Jonathan
I particularly like the Halifax and you are inspiring me to put in the work to get my three completed. Great finish and overall effect.

May 29th, 2012, 11:12 pm #4

tally ho!

Jonathan
Those are really something...what on Earth will you do for an encore???

Excellent.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 29th, 2012, 11:35 pm #5

tally ho!

Jonathan
Good work on both, the Halibag has come out well, n/t

May 30th, 2012, 1:03 am #6

tally ho!

Jonathan
However, that Halifax really does it for me.

Cheers, Vic

May 30th, 2012, 4:30 am #7

tally ho!

Jonathan
Now they are nice builds on some old favourites nt

May 30th, 2012, 11:50 am #8

tally ho!

Jonathan

May 30th, 2012, 2:26 pm #9

tally ho!

Jonathan
Your finish on these models is top notch. Love the metal finish on the B-24.

May 30th, 2012, 4:33 pm #10

Cheers David, thanks for yuor kind comment about the metallic finish. It came from a spray can of Humbrol bright silver (probably a few years old because it had the Hull address on the tin!) that I found in a little household goods shop for £3. We didn't bother with seam lines or anything grown-up, just on having some fun!

happy modelling

JB