AMEGB Ju-52 Part 3

AMEGB Ju-52 Part 3

April 22nd, 2012, 5:53 am #1

All,

I put the first part of the camo on. I will be putting some black around the nacelles and nose so that's why those parts are not painted. With luck, I'll get those done tomorrow and start painting on the markings!

We'll see. It's finally lovely weather in these parts so it's hard to stay inside and there's yard work/house work to do...bummer.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

April 22nd, 2012, 6:05 am #2

Looks terrific in the SCW camouflage!

Stuart

April 22nd, 2012, 6:32 am #3

All,

I put the first part of the camo on. I will be putting some black around the nacelles and nose so that's why those parts are not painted. With luck, I'll get those done tomorrow and start painting on the markings!

We'll see. It's finally lovely weather in these parts so it's hard to stay inside and there's yard work/house work to do...bummer.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

with all that corrugation, the masking must be challenging?

regards

Simon

April 22nd, 2012, 7:48 am #4

All,

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Hi Dan,
That's moving right along. Enjoy our weather while
it lasts.

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington

April 22nd, 2012, 11:28 am #5

All,

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

A lovely angular scheme for such a lovely angular old bird! The masking has worked particularly well. Ordinary Tamiya Tape?

April 22nd, 2012, 6:54 pm #6

Yes...just Tamyia tape on the parts that were freshly painted (I did it all in one night) since even though the acrylics dry quickly...I find that using normal masking tape can pull stuff up. Either type I stick them on my face a few times to remove some of the "stick".

It masks very well...that is the rugose surface doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference. I do try and spray at right angles to the tape edge but basically have had no problems!

Thanks for looking and I hope to show more tonight.

Regards,

April 22nd, 2012, 6:55 pm #7

Looks terrific in the SCW camouflage!

Stuart
Thanks, Stuart.

Now I can't wait to weather and dry bush it since those corrugations might lend themselves well to that!

Keep looking at this spot...

Regards,

April 22nd, 2012, 6:57 pm #8

with all that corrugation, the masking must be challenging?

regards

Simon
The corrugations really are not making much difference. I do try and make sure I spray at right angles to the tape edge but it's amazing how well the barrier is working.

I haven't done anything different than masking on an Heinkel or a Spitfire etc.

We'll see how the markings spray on, though...even though SCW markings are pretty simple!

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

April 22nd, 2012, 6:58 pm #9

Hi Dan,
That's moving right along. Enjoy our weather while
it lasts.

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington
I think I'll be taking a walk down towards BP Elementary! Nice hills for some exercise and what a great day!

BBQ Beer Can Chicken tonight...and then some more masking/painting.

Regards,

April 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm #10

All,

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

a much better choice than the standard WWII schemes used latter

Fred
Last edited by fredcoulson on April 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.