AMEGB Ju-52 Part 2

AMEGB Ju-52 Part 2

April 17th, 2012, 4:26 am #1

Well,

Here it is basically ready for priming and painting. I've left off the exhausts and the props just fall out. There are a few seams that need work but those corrugations hide lots of problems well. The canopy fits fantastically (Tamygawa-like) and I really like the schnazzy wheel pants.

So I can build a retracted dust bin gun enclosure...and I think it will look so cool with the camo, this one will be Spanish Civil War colors.

Masking the markings will be easy too!

More soon and thanks for looking. What a great group build this is turning out to be. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of subjects.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

April 17th, 2012, 5:40 am #2

Dan it is looking good....

April 17th, 2012, 5:43 am #3

Well,

Here it is basically ready for priming and painting. I've left off the exhausts and the props just fall out. There are a few seams that need work but those corrugations hide lots of problems well. The canopy fits fantastically (Tamygawa-like) and I really like the schnazzy wheel pants.

So I can build a retracted dust bin gun enclosure...and I think it will look so cool with the camo, this one will be Spanish Civil War colors.

More soon and thanks for looking. What a great group build this is turning out to be. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of subjects.

Regards,

And yea! CSW markings!

Stuart

April 17th, 2012, 6:32 am #4

Well,

Regards,

Question, does the AF kit have plugs for the gun positions? Im a miser and want to know before I buy the kit. Might make a secong entry in the MEGB
Last edited by RavenKeeper on April 17th, 2012, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2012, 2:38 pm #5

I got the kit cheap and someone had taken everything off the trees, bagged it all and might have lost parts. I don't see any covering for the dorsal position and there is nothing for the forward position (alternative turret by the pilots).

In fact, the dorsal gun position looks to have the wrong type of opening. I will have to work on that.

I hope this helps. If it's not clear, let me know.

Regards,

April 17th, 2012, 2:39 pm #6

And yea! CSW markings!

Stuart
Was there every really any question? I think I'll pick up another to build with a different scheme. There are a lot of them to choose from!

Cheers.

Regards,

April 17th, 2012, 2:40 pm #7

Dan it is looking good....
It's amazing how it looks pretty substantial with all that metal. Sits nicely on the ground too.

Pretty impressive. Must be huge in 1/48th!

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

April 17th, 2012, 5:35 pm #8

I got the kit cheap and someone had taken everything off the trees, bagged it all and might have lost parts. I don't see any covering for the dorsal position and there is nothing for the forward position (alternative turret by the pilots).

In fact, the dorsal gun position looks to have the wrong type of opening. I will have to work on that.

I hope this helps. If it's not clear, let me know.

Regards,

I will check it out.

April 17th, 2012, 7:29 pm #9

Well,

Regards,

Hello Dan, "Tante Ju" is looking great. It's good to
know the Airfix kit goes together so well.

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington

April 17th, 2012, 8:09 pm #10

Well,

Regards,

Not just wheels.......

SCW, that should look great....

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish