AMEGB ................................ I'm in with a Beaufighter X

AMEGB ................................ I'm in with a Beaufighter X

April 14th, 2012, 12:44 pm #1

Rummaging through my (limited) Airfix stash, I found these, which would all qualify, I think:

I am not in "shipbuilding mode", and given my penchant for SAAF subjects, I have decided on the Beaufighter, which I will do as a rocket armed Beaufighter X, of 16, or 19 Squadron SAAF:

The kit is complete, except for the two propellers!!

I found that the AC 47 Gunship kit is missing its wings! I have no idea what happened, but I guess I can use the two propellers from this kit for the Beaufighter?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mohandas Gandhi

April 14th, 2012, 2:08 pm #2

I think you'll find the C47 props are a bit small, and they turn the wrong way, n/t

April 14th, 2012, 2:34 pm #3

end up building an "in flight" model, using the AC 47 prop "hubs", and some clear plastic discs for "spinning props".
That way, it won't be too noticeable (I hope)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by touristguide on April 14th, 2012, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2012, 2:50 pm #4

Rummaging through my (limited) Airfix stash, I found these, which would all qualify, I think:

I am not in "shipbuilding mode", and given my penchant for SAAF subjects, I have decided on the Beaufighter, which I will do as a rocket armed Beaufighter X, of 16, or 19 Squadron SAAF:

The kit is complete, except for the two propellers!!

I found that the AC 47 Gunship kit is missing its wings! I have no idea what happened, but I guess I can use the two propellers from this kit for the Beaufighter?

I think I could spare the Beaufighter props as I will be using the Lancaster blades.
Let me know what ya what to do.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

April 16th, 2012, 10:51 am #5

Thank you for your kind offer.
I have also received a similar offer from William DC.

I am looking at options at the moment, and will let you know.
Thanks again