Amazing diorama...

Amazing diorama...

June 7th, 2010, 1:48 pm #1

It may be on an armour discussion board (Missing-Lynx), but it's more aircraft related:

Please note that this is not my work!

Please note that this is not my work! (In case you missed it above...)

Details here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/t ... ng+Thunder

Cheers,
Tony

June 7th, 2010, 2:02 pm #2

Very good work/craftsmanship.....however.........

It's not something I would do or even want in my collection to display. To me, and this is just me, I would not want to create a diorama or scene like this. It's just a bit too disturbing and macabre.

I know that others may feel differently and that's their right but it just ain't my cup o' tea. It in no way diminishes the modeler's talent, however.

Jeff

June 7th, 2010, 2:34 pm #3

...it IS the reality of war.

I felt it was a very somber reminder, and like you I see the excellent workmanship.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

June 7th, 2010, 2:43 pm #4

It may be on an armour discussion board (Missing-Lynx), but it's more aircraft related:

Details here:

Cheers,
Tony

June 7th, 2010, 3:30 pm #5

Very good work/craftsmanship.....however.........

It's not something I would do or even want in my collection to display. To me, and this is just me, I would not want to create a diorama or scene like this. It's just a bit too disturbing and macabre.

I know that others may feel differently and that's their right but it just ain't my cup o' tea. It in no way diminishes the modeler's talent, however.

Jeff
It's very nice work, but I agree with you. I wouldn't want to be looking at that regularly. Additionally, any aircraft that came apart that badly would not show much left of the pilot, especially posed in a way suggesting he got out of the cockpit and somehow crawled away. This plane disintegrated and so would the crew.

June 7th, 2010, 3:32 pm #6

you would have found out that the colors in the water do not represent blood. They are the builders representation of of the fluids (fuel, hydraulic and other oils) leaking from the aircraft.

June 7th, 2010, 3:36 pm #7

Details here:

Cheers,
Tony
Very impressive, I always shake my head when people get offended by diorama's about war that don't show happy scenes of people enjoying themselves. It's war, this stuff occasionally happens. I've only ever done one diorama, a crashed plane and I showed the pilot dead in the c/p with some blood and burns. Brought it to a LHS to show the owner(I bought the stuff for it there) and some guy went off on me about my disgusting inclusion of the pilot. I just asked him what does he think happens when a plane crashes?

June 7th, 2010, 3:39 pm #8

It's very nice work, but I agree with you. I wouldn't want to be looking at that regularly. Additionally, any aircraft that came apart that badly would not show much left of the pilot, especially posed in a way suggesting he got out of the cockpit and somehow crawled away. This plane disintegrated and so would the crew.
Except it's based of an actual photograph that pretty much looks the same.

June 7th, 2010, 3:46 pm #9

Details here:

Cheers,
Tony
Actually the "story" could be told just as well without the figure.

Having been on the scenes of several small plane crashes not as devestating as this one, I will tell you a pilot would not be in this condition after such a trauma.

Part of the "story"? Possibly posed for the propaganda value of a photograph?

This war is still too recent in many of our memories to be comfortable with a scene such as this.

All in all, amazing modeling just not all that comfortable to view....yes, it is war, but so are other events of war we shy away from in our modeling.

Just simply my opinion.

Gary Adams
IPMS #5495

"If flying were the language of man, then soaring would be its poetry". anon.

June 7th, 2010, 3:56 pm #10

Details here:

Cheers,
Tony
that all such scenes could have ended with an intact pilot looking up toward the Sandy flying cover and the jungle penetrator being lowered by the Jolly Green. Then again, I wish there were no shoot-downs. Then again...
Last edited by Jer64SS on June 7th, 2010, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.