Alberto, where is the RC-135 ???

Alberto, where is the RC-135 ???

November 23rd, 2011, 8:37 pm #1

We want to see it finished!

At least I do!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

November 23rd, 2011, 9:35 pm #2

Hi, Don,

I'm not a fast builder as you are, so my projects take some time to be implemented .

Here are a few pics of the current status of my RC-135S model :

Detailed the upper wings sections that make the roof of main landing gears bays .

Assembled the upper wings panels, it was a long work in order to assure proper alignement .

Here are the main landing gears bays

Here is the wheels set painted and weathered using MIG weathering paints .

There are a lot of small details panels on the fuselage underside that need rescribing and it's a long and not so easy process - lots of Dymo tape !!!!!!

I'm also preparing a scribing mask from very thin brass sheet to rescribe the set of auxiliary air intakes around the fan section of the engine nacelles, also the nacelles pylons need some rescribing and here also I need to implement specific scribing masks because there is no place to use standard masks like Tritool or Edward .

That's all for now !!!!!!!!

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

November 23rd, 2011, 9:44 pm #3

Alberto, that is some great detail, and craftmanship!

The level you build at requires much more time than my tossing a kit together! Please take your time! All the time you need!
Again, beautiful work!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

November 23rd, 2011, 9:59 pm #4

Thank you for your kind moral support !!!!!! of course I need it !!!!!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

November 23rd, 2011, 10:12 pm #5

Hi, Don,

I'm not a fast builder as you are, so my projects take some time to be implemented .

Detailed the upper wings sections that make the roof of main landing gears bays .

Assembled the upper wings panels, it was a long work in order to assure proper alignement .

There are a lot of small details panels on the fuselage underside that need rescribing and it's a long and not so easy process - lots of Dymo tape !!!!!!

I'm also preparing a scribing mask from very thin brass sheet to rescribe the set of auxiliary air intakes around the fan section of the engine nacelles, also the nacelles pylons need some rescribing and here also I need to implement specific scribing masks because there is no place to use standard masks like Tritool or Edward .

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Your attention to detail is surely paying off. Awesome job!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:50 pm #6

Hi, Don,

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Suweeet!!!!! Very nicely done...Keep on going!!

November 24th, 2011, 5:54 am #7

Hi, Don,

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
All that scratch built detailing. Nice work.

November 24th, 2011, 10:58 am #8

Hi, Don,

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nm

November 24th, 2011, 6:32 pm #9

Hi, Don,

Bye, my friend !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
- i was waiting to see how you tackled the wing dihedral problem and the wing- fuselage integration.

It was my experience that if you build up the wing assembly separately, you run into a real fit problem along the front edge of the center piece "saddle" where it butts up against the lower forward fuselage. All the panel lines fail to line up, etc.

Does the wing have enough dihedral when viewed head on? Or, does it need some wedges in the lower skin to increase it?

Cheers,

david

November 24th, 2011, 8:47 pm #10

Your attention to detail is surely paying off. Awesome job!
Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK