AJ - temporarily not modeling

AJ - temporarily not modeling

May 23rd, 2012, 10:30 pm #1

Hello to all interested in this build.
As most of you will probably know, our district suffered a major, unexpected-intensity hearthquake on Sat-Sun night at approx. local 04:10 a.m., with loss of lifes and grief damage to our historic buildings and economy.
We kept our spare rooms at disposal of some friends from San Felice sul Panaro; luckily their recently built house is reported to be safe. Actually it is not confortable to "model" while still some 5000 people among which some friends are sleeping in tents almost in the "back garden" and with still some anxiety because of possibile major quakes.

So I will just make a little update of what was in progress on sathurday, waiting for better times to come.

I was at the engine nacelles. First I cut away the molded exhaust, and created new fairings ready for the actual tubes. I opened the nacelles and superglued empty pencil ink tubes. Then cut flush on the outside and sanded smooth:

I opened up the sides flaps and restored the borders:

Some refinement took place on the fuselage:

While all these putties/superglues/liquid glues dried, I proceeded with my DAK Pz.IV crew:

Some more lighting on Rommel's uniform, and I am almost close to calling him finished.

Best regards - I'll be back as soon as possible with this vacuformed AJ !

Andrea Lugli from Modena, Italy

May 23rd, 2012, 11:29 pm #2

I do hope that the losses are minimal and that Italy will recover quickly.

Best wishes, and good luck.

May 24th, 2012, 9:15 pm #3

As most of you will probably know, our district suffered a major, unexpected-intensity hearthquake on Sat-Sun night at approx. local 04:10 a.m., with loss of lifes and grief damage to our historic buildings and economy.
We kept our spare rooms at disposal of some friends from San Felice sul Panaro; luckily their recently built house is reported to be safe. Actually it is not confortable to "model" while still some 5000 people among which some friends are sleeping in tents almost in the "back garden" and with still some anxiety because of possibile major quakes.

So I will just make a little update of what was in progress on sathurday, waiting for better times to come.

I was at the engine nacelles. First I cut away the molded exhaust, and created new fairings ready for the actual tubes. I opened the nacelles and superglued empty pencil ink tubes. Then cut flush on the outside and sanded smooth:

While all these putties/superglues/liquid glues dried, I proceeded with my DAK Pz.IV crew:

Some more lighting on Rommel's uniform, and I am almost close to calling him finished.

Very sad news indeed. It's nice to see you're doing the right thing and stepping up to the plate to help your friends and neighbours in their time of need.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

June 4th, 2012, 8:02 pm #4

I hope things are slowly getting better again each day for all people involved

Nice work on the Savage - I will be looking forward to your next post - whenever it suites you

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

June 5th, 2012, 1:58 am #5

And there is an AJ to be had even from the Airmodel "kit"
Last edited by tailspinturtle on June 5th, 2012, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.