Hello to all interested in this build.
As most of you will probably know, our district suffered a major, unexpected-intensity hearthquake on Sat-Sun night at approx. local 04:10 a.m., with loss of lifes and grief damage to our historic buildings and economy.
We kept our spare rooms at disposal of some friends from San Felice sul Panaro; luckily their recently built house is reported to be safe. Actually it is not confortable to "model" while still some 5000 people among which some friends are sleeping in tents almost in the "back garden" and with still some anxiety because of possibile major quakes.
So I will just make a little update of what was in progress on sathurday, waiting for better times to come.
I was at the engine nacelles. First I cut away the molded exhaust, and created new fairings ready for the actual tubes. I opened the nacelles and superglued empty pencil ink tubes. Then cut flush on the outside and sanded smooth:
I opened up the sides flaps and restored the borders:
Some refinement took place on the fuselage:
While all these putties/superglues/liquid glues dried, I proceeded with my DAK Pz.IV crew:
Some more lighting on Rommel's uniform, and I am almost close to calling him finished.
Best regards - I'll be back as soon as possible with this vacuformed AJ !
Andrea Lugli from Modena, Italy
I do hope that the losses are minimal and that Italy will recover quickly.
Best wishes, and good luck.