Airliner markings..from best to worst...which..?

Airliner markings..from best to worst...which..?

March 23rd, 2012, 11:47 am #1

What airline had the best markings and later the worst marking? Curious about opinions. JIT

March 23rd, 2012, 12:14 pm #2

The nicest were the Guinness and Jaguar schemes.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:57 pm #3

What airline had the best markings and later the worst marking? Curious about opinions. JIT
nt

March 23rd, 2012, 12:59 pm #4

You enter the aircraft through some sort of flexible tunnel to sit in a cylinder with a load of other passengers. At the other end you leave the aircraft through another tunnel to start the walk through endless corridors to find your luggage. You rarely see the exterior of the aircraft in which you flew. Sometimes you see aircraft through the windows of those corridors. "Which one was ours?" my wife asks. "Probably that one. It's red and white, so it must be Swiss."

OK You are talking models, so how about Kulula for their hilariously funny markings?

Their cabin announcements are just as crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhNnScuYaP0
Mike

March 23rd, 2012, 1:07 pm #5

... to today's rather innocuous, blah, "so what" scheme.
They did up a 757 in a version of the 1950s colors a few years ago; it looked FAN-tastic.

Last edited by HK72nd on March 23rd, 2012, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 1:58 pm #6

nt
I had the extreme pleasure of working under both the Falcon (Duckhawk) emblem and the later hockey stick.I still have my Duckhawk cap badge Hal Sr

[/IMG]
Last edited by P47Hal on March 23rd, 2012, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:46 pm #7

You enter the aircraft through some sort of flexible tunnel to sit in a cylinder with a load of other passengers. At the other end you leave the aircraft through another tunnel to start the walk through endless corridors to find your luggage. You rarely see the exterior of the aircraft in which you flew. Sometimes you see aircraft through the windows of those corridors. "Which one was ours?" my wife asks. "Probably that one. It's red and white, so it must be Swiss."

OK You are talking models, so how about Kulula for their hilariously funny markings?

Mike
It gives me something to do, trying to catch as many as I can going into LAX.

I figured they do it for print advertisements, but I rarely see them. Maybe it is just for us. There is great interest among photographers, as there are many books and magazines on the subject.

Frontier even puts a different animal on the tail of their aircraft. No two tails of an aircraft type are the same.

But, I see a lot of people at the airports shooting pictures. And when British changed their tail paint-schemes, about 10 years ago, there was a huge uproar that caused British to return to the British flag motiff. So, someone noticed.

I am guessing that many people don't even know or care what kind of airplane they are getting on.

Last edited by ronsm on March 23rd, 2012, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:55 pm #8

but I hated the color selection.

I can't pick a favorite, but I do like this scheme:

Or, how about this?

Or:

March 23rd, 2012, 3:01 pm #9

... to today's rather innocuous, blah, "so what" scheme.
They did up a 757 in a version of the 1950s colors a few years ago; it looked FAN-tastic.

Would you believe their current livery is about 40 years old? Today they announced a possible merger with US Air.

And United's retro:

Last edited by ronsm on March 23rd, 2012, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:08 pm #10

Mike
I just spent the last hour watching several of their adverts and their "Case Study" history series. Great stuff!

Love this ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V5dWzs ... re=related