Airfix Railway Madness !

Airfix Railway Madness !

May 29th, 2012, 11:55 am #1

As part of a Major Project in 2013 at Scalemodelworld at Telford, we at AMSIG are building the Airfix Village and Raiwlway system in its Entirety complete with Kits Donated by a friend of the SIGs, Collectakit.

The participants, Myself Included have been allotted Kits to produce, OOB, as Airfix Intended, on a Huge sectionable Stand. At the Moment, I'm Building several Kits, fitting them in between my 'Normal' 2012 Telford Buids and with unrelated stalled ones. This Year and Next is already planned out, which is a first for Me.

To start, I'm building the Box Girder Bridge, (Finished Bar Weathering and Mounting), The Country Inn, Turntable, Scammall Scarab, and others to be passed along as they are aquired. I'll also be Building various Trackside accessories and Hopefully a Chuffer Train or two too !

Fist up are my Evening Star on my newly finished Turntable, and then my Box Girder Bridge. ALL the Kits are Original Issue Kits, and NOT later Dapol iSSUES.

Enjoy.

Box Girder Bridge (Unweathered as yet)

And Both Together...

I'll Update as I finish things. Now, Onto that Airfix Tiger Tank, LOL !

Enjoy !

May 29th, 2012, 1:18 pm #2

British raiways have a character that is completely different to that of ours here in the U.S., Cracking good work. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

May 29th, 2012, 7:09 pm #3

As part of a Major Project in 2013 at Scalemodelworld at Telford, we at AMSIG are building the Airfix Village and Raiwlway system in its Entirety complete with Kits Donated by a friend of the SIGs, Collectakit.

The participants, Myself Included have been allotted Kits to produce, OOB, as Airfix Intended, on a Huge sectionable Stand. At the Moment, I'm Building several Kits, fitting them in between my 'Normal' 2012 Telford Buids and with unrelated stalled ones. This Year and Next is already planned out, which is a first for Me.

To start, I'm building the Box Girder Bridge, (Finished Bar Weathering and Mounting), The Country Inn, Turntable, Scammall Scarab, and others to be passed along as they are aquired. I'll also be Building various Trackside accessories and Hopefully a Chuffer Train or two too !

Fist up are my Evening Star on my newly finished Turntable, and then my Box Girder Bridge. ALL the Kits are Original Issue Kits, and NOT later Dapol iSSUES.

Enjoy.

And Both Together...

Enjoy !

Given the price of model railway accessories, then and now, Airfix did us a real service. I shall look out for a kit of that bridge.

May 29th, 2012, 9:38 pm #4

Enjoy.

And Both Together...

Enjoy !

nice work !

May 30th, 2012, 1:07 am #5

Enjoy.

And Both Together...

Enjoy !

Great work and what a great project for next years big show!

Cheers, Vic

May 30th, 2012, 7:24 am #6

It IS a hey of a project and hopefully many hands wI'll make light work. I didn't quite get a chance to start the Inn, because after a conversation about Airfix Armour, I decided to regress back to being 9 again and got my Airfix Tiger I out. I've built the hull and turret so far and have to scratch some mudguards and Exhaust shields and bits and bobs first before primer. I NEVER did that as a kid, LOL !

Thanks again Guys.

May 30th, 2012, 9:17 pm #7

Enjoy.

And Both Together...

Enjoy !

First time I see this turntable made up - looks pretty original to my old airoplane eyes

And the Evening Star looks like the perfect model for these features

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

June 2nd, 2012, 11:01 am #8

Thanks for your nice Comments. I've finshed my Box Girder Bridge, Here she is:

I bought some Strip Wood Yesterday to make some supports for the Bridge, which wil go over a road I presume, and as I wasn't gonna Pay Hobby Shop Prices for Plastic that didn't even fit my Bridge, I thought for two pounds for the wood, I'd make my Own. Pics will come when it's all ready. I have my 5 Min Epoxy and PVA and everything. will I be able to show it off here Legitimately LOL ?

Here's the Country Inn too. I had a great Hour and a half figuring out which windows went where and doing all the Prep work. It's still in two Halves to facillitate the light sealing and Glazing of the Windows on the Inside. I also forgot to go to the Deli when shopping yesterday to get some boxes with nice thin Clear Plastic for the windows, as I've run out of Curry containers to cut up for them, But I'm sure I'll find something... I was going to go Bonkers and fit some Internal walls, But now I don't think so. Right, Pics.

The Two 'Halves' Outer:

Inner:

And pushed Together:

(Front)

(Rear)

The Grey is plain Auto Primer. The Roof will be Red. Plus, I goofed by spraying the 'plaster' between the Timber frames white. According to the Instructions, and my brief for an OOB build as per the Instructions, they should actually be 'Cream' Hu103. so that's first up today to be changed when I get going... I bought what Paint I was missing Yesterday for the build too.

Right, I hope you enjoy. Pics as and when. I should be Boz-eyed by the time all that maskings done. I think the Tamiya Tape is thicker than the height of the relief details, but we shall see !

Thanks for viewing.