Airfix Messerschmitt 110

Airfix Messerschmitt 110

May 28th, 2012, 9:15 am #1

Hi all,
My first completed models for 2012:

All construction was out of the box with no modifications or corrections made.

Base camouflage colours are Gunze RLM 71 Dark Green, RLM 02 Grey, Tamiya Light Blue.
All paints used were acrylic based.
I found the original kit decals to be matt, stiff with lots of clear film surrounding the register.
Despite having a relatively glossy surface to adhere to, I had trouble getting it to really stick and literally had to remove the decal from the backing paper and bathe it in Future a'la canopy dipping.
After that I placed the decal and Future blob into the approximate position and squeeze out the excess with a paint brush - the excess is then used to repaint over the top.
Some decals took a few attempts to conform and blend in but in the end it was worth it.
The matt finish was a mix of Tamiya Flat Base and Future thinned with isopropyl alcohol and sprayed in.

More here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/m ... +Completed

Cheers

I said "Dart Gun", not a....
Gru - Despicable Me

I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

May 28th, 2012, 9:17 am #2

Pretty cool to them in en masse on the linking page! I have 4 in my to do pile

--

I looked through the window over the green fields, and saw row on row, sharply white against the green, rising with the hill and dropping again into the hollows-keeping a firm line as they had been taught to do-a battalion on its last parade. The Cenotaph and no one there? That can never be.
-The heart of London, H.V. Morton

May 28th, 2012, 9:28 am #3

do consider how you want to do the canopy frames because masking one canopy is going to drive you nuts

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me

I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

May 28th, 2012, 10:16 am #4

Hi all,

Base camouflage colours are Gunze RLM 71 Dark Green, RLM 02 Grey, Tamiya Light Blue.
I found the original kit decals to be matt, stiff with lots of clear film surrounding the register.
Despite having a relatively glossy surface to adhere to, I had trouble getting it to really stick and literally had to remove the decal from the backing paper and bathe it in Future a'la canopy dipping.
After that I placed the decal and Future blob into the approximate position and squeeze out the excess with a paint brush - the excess is then used to repaint over the top.
Some decals took a few attempts to conform and blend in but in the end it was worth it.
The matt finish was a mix of Tamiya Flat Base and Future thinned with isopropyl alcohol and sprayed in.

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
An impressive trio

May 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm #5

Hi all,

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
All are very well done and superbly painted. I specially like the one on the first pic.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

May 28th, 2012, 2:41 pm #6

Hi all,

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
Great job on those Airfix kits!

Brandon

May 28th, 2012, 3:15 pm #7

Hi all,

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
nicely done!

May 28th, 2012, 5:19 pm #8

Hi all,

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
nt

May 29th, 2012, 3:52 am #9

Hi all,

More here:

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
Beautiful Bf-110s!

May 29th, 2012, 8:28 am #10

An impressive trio
Now I am pondering what other trios I can do next

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me