Airfix Lynx. My "Evelyn"

Airfix Lynx. My "Evelyn"

June 2nd, 2012, 1:51 pm #1

Hi chaps

I've finished my "Evelyn". This is the aircraft I flew when Flight Commander embarked in HMS Somerset during the Op Taurus deployment in 2009.

I built her straight from the box with exception of the metal replacement gun barrel and the intake guard.

The full article will appear in SAM magazine soon.

Last edited by FlyingHaggis on June 2nd, 2012, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2012, 3:22 pm #2

Really nice build and paint there mate and nice to see your personal aircraft.

June 2nd, 2012, 4:03 pm #3

Hi chaps

I've finished my "Evelyn". This is the aircraft I flew when Flight Commander embarked in HMS Somerset during the Op Taurus deployment in 2009.

I built her straight from the box with exception of the metal replacement gun barrel and the intake guard.

How very cool and a very nice job! Now I need to build "my" C-2A, of course I was basically cargo not a pilot. I had my name above one of the passenger windows in back by where I sat when we transited Det sites. I have not figured out how to get that small of lettering though, did you have decals made?
Rob

June 2nd, 2012, 4:17 pm #4

Hi chaps

Very well done , awesome paint and weathering. Nice to see your real machine.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

June 2nd, 2012, 4:18 pm #5

Hi chaps

What are the green square shaped things under the lower windows? Antennas? Really nice job on that kit, and the weathering!

Brandon

June 2nd, 2012, 4:22 pm #6

How very cool and a very nice job! Now I need to build "my" C-2A, of course I was basically cargo not a pilot. I had my name above one of the passenger windows in back by where I sat when we transited Det sites. I have not figured out how to get that small of lettering though, did you have decals made?
Rob
Hi Rob

The decals come with the kit, option B.

June 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm #7

What are the green square shaped things under the lower windows? Antennas? Really nice job on that kit, and the weathering!

Brandon

Flotation bags.

Cheers Brandon, thanks for the nice words.

Jamie

June 2nd, 2012, 4:41 pm #8

Hi Rob

The decals come with the kit, option B.
I always loved seeing the various RAF, French and other coalition birds come in to Bahrain, never got to see a Lynx though, not many RN birds came in. I have seen RN Lynx when I have been out to sea though, very nice at any rate!
Rob
Last edited by stratboy on June 2nd, 2012, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2012, 4:45 pm #9

Hi chaps

excellent work, nice build and weathering!
Last edited by Reini78 on June 2nd, 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2012, 4:52 pm #10

Hi chaps

the first time one our own Hyperscalers has had kit from a major manufacturer include markings for his very own ride in it?

Again, NICE work on the Lynx. I might have to break down and get one..

Cheers,
Dave