Airfix Lynx conversions coming from Belcher Bits

Airfix Lynx conversions coming from Belcher Bits

May 28th, 2012, 10:43 pm #1

I finally got my hands on the new Airfix Lynxes and have dropped all other projects to get these new products out from Belcher Bits. I still have not assigned product numbers or prices yet, but please regard this info as an early heads-up. I have re-mastered and improved parts from my resin Lynx kit, as well as making new masters where required. All decals will be typical high quality printed by Microscale.

BBx1: Early Navy Lynx Conversion and Decal
This resin conversion set will supply the parts to represent RN HAS.2 and HAS.3 as well as all other early Lynxes, including early nose, sponsons, long span tailplanes and early tail rotors. The included decal sheet should allow one to build ANY of the early Lynxes, including Falkland War and other early RN machines, Argentine, Brazilian, Nigerian, Dutch and French. Note Danish and German markings can be obtained from the kit markings.

BBx2: Lynx Torpedo set
This resin set will provide one pair each of Mk 46 (as used by RN Lynxes in Falklands, as well as many other navies), Stingray (current RN) and MU-90 (current NATO).

BBx3: G-LYNX Speed Lynx
This resin set provides the straight-back exhaust, tailplanes and fins needed for the World Speed record holder G-LYNX. The included decal sheet provides the special markings fitted.

BBx4: Super Lynx 300 set (Coming but a bit later than those listed above)
This resin set provides the new cowling for Super Lynxes with CTS800 engines, as well as modified noses where required. The included decal will provide markings for Omani, Malaysian, Thai and South African machines.

These will all be available shortly (definitely by Telford in November, but hopefully sooner), prices TBA.
When photos are available, I will post them.

May 29th, 2012, 1:45 am #2

VERY eagerly awaiting your releases....

May 29th, 2012, 12:52 pm #3

I finally got my hands on the new Airfix Lynxes and have dropped all other projects to get these new products out from Belcher Bits. I still have not assigned product numbers or prices yet, but please regard this info as an early heads-up. I have re-mastered and improved parts from my resin Lynx kit, as well as making new masters where required. All decals will be typical high quality printed by Microscale.

This resin conversion set will supply the parts to represent RN HAS.2 and HAS.3 as well as all other early Lynxes, including early nose, sponsons, long span tailplanes and early tail rotors. The included decal sheet should allow one to build ANY of the early Lynxes, including Falkland War and other early RN machines, Argentine, Brazilian, Nigerian, Dutch and French. Note Danish and German markings can be obtained from the kit markings.

This resin set will provide one pair each of Mk 46 (as used by RN Lynxes in Falklands, as well as many other navies), Stingray (current RN) and MU-90 (current NATO).

This resin set provides the straight-back exhaust, tailplanes and fins needed for the World Speed record holder G-LYNX. The included decal sheet provides the special markings fitted.

This resin set provides the new cowling for Super Lynxes with CTS800 engines, as well as modified noses where required. The included decal will provide markings for Omani, Malaysian, Thai and South African machines.

These will all be available shortly (definitely by Telford in November, but hopefully sooner), prices TBA.
I will definitely be buying at least two of these sets. Thanx!

May 29th, 2012, 2:32 pm #4

Shortly.... maybe by November? Hey, Toronto wasn't built in a day, ya know! LOL

Looking forward to seeing you this year at Telford. Dinner awaits. Hi to Jan.

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger; Which is why they make straight jackets out of such sturdy material" Roy S.

May 29th, 2012, 4:06 pm #5

November follows right after May, doesn't it? ...or was that something else? ... 30 days have September, April, June then November ...
Anyways, I hope to have them out as soon as possible. Jan and I hope to be in Telford this year, so bring on the Balti.

May 29th, 2012, 6:32 pm #6

the plural of Lynx is Lynx. Sorry to be a pedant.

What about the avionics box in the cabin for the Mk 8 DSP? At present only the mid life upgrade Mk 8 SRU can be modelled.

May 30th, 2012, 1:26 am #7

I didn't know that ...thanks.
As for the elecronic boxes, you would have lots more info on that than I. Send me an email and we can discuss further
Mike