Looks Nice! Can a Hampden be far behind :) nt

October 14th, 2017, 12:09 am #21

Nt
/

Did you actually READ the entire announcement?

October 14th, 2017, 12:47 am #22

for their research this time and actually get the kit's features correct, rather than repeating the rubbish they produced in 1/72 scale.
I quote:

"Our search for the most accurate Blenheim information took our lead researcher to Finland and the Aviation Museum of Central Finland at Tikkakoski. The museum has a fine collection of original Blenheim drawings in their archive which we were allowed to inspect, as well as having a beautifully preserved example of a Blenheim Mk.IV on display in their museum, which our researcher was able to photograph in detail."

And I would hardly call Airfix's 1/72 Blenheim "rubbish." Perfect it ain't. but it's still a damned sight better than any 1/72 Blenheim to come before.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

and now a all new

October 14th, 2017, 1:45 am #23

Nt
F-16B MLU in 1/48 scale .

European markings please.

SouthViper

Great News! Been hoping for this for years...

October 14th, 2017, 3:00 am #24

Nt
...and I for one don't mind if they NEVER do a 1/37 scale Fruitbat.
~ Mr. BoxShaker

The Airfix 1/72 Blenheim is a faithful copy....

October 14th, 2017, 4:56 am #25

for their research this time and actually get the kit's features correct, rather than repeating the rubbish they produced in 1/72 scale.
Of the flying Blenheim I kept at Duxford. Unfortunately, that aircraft is a hybrid with a Mk.I cockpit and the rest being a Bolingbroke.

YES. And YES, that's what they say - let's hope they actually did it.

October 14th, 2017, 6:53 am #26

I quote:

"Our search for the most accurate Blenheim information took our lead researcher to Finland and the Aviation Museum of Central Finland at Tikkakoski. The museum has a fine collection of original Blenheim drawings in their archive which we were allowed to inspect, as well as having a beautifully preserved example of a Blenheim Mk.IV on display in their museum, which our researcher was able to photograph in detail."

And I would hardly call Airfix's 1/72 Blenheim "rubbish." Perfect it ain't. but it's still a damned sight better than any 1/72 Blenheim to come before.
Airfix did not adequately research the 1/72 scale kit despite the fact that it is well known that the only original Blenheim is in Finland and that the example at Duxford is a barely concealed Bolingbroke. And it's not a secret that Bolingbroke info' is readily available in Canada.

If you want to see the extent of the problems, you only need to read Simon Wolfe's article in the Australian Plastic Modellers' Association magazine and I think perhaps also on Airfix Group Build.

AMG T.20

October 14th, 2017, 9:31 am #27

There's always the AMG version

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMG48606

Still hoping they do a 1/72 Junkers Ju-88A-1

October 14th, 2017, 1:00 pm #28

Nt
Would love Airfix to do this "Battle of Britain" variant never done in 1/72! Yes it does appear that they are going through the Classic Airframes British subjects!!!

Cheers
Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada

Halifax and Hampden

October 15th, 2017, 4:49 am #29

I spent a lot of time hunting for the Classic Airframes Blenheim IV before it was reissued, then I picked up another one when they were reissues... I'll probably still build these even if there's an easier to build option in the airfix kit... but who knows... Maybe I'll be tempted once I see it. Now if Airfix really wanted to make me happy while they're firing off British topics they could do a 1:48 Halifax and Hampden. I have both these in the Fonderie Miniatures kits but if a much easier to buIld kit comes along I wouldn't be sad.. (I've built one Halifax and it was quite a challenge!)
Mike,

I would like to see both of these. I could see them doing a Hampden in 1/72 then following up with one in 1/48 but I would hope they would do 1/48 first. If anybody did a good 1/48 Halifax B Mk I/II, I would want to get it built fast because I would know the Second Coming was going to be soon.

Steve

You Deserve It Bill! N/T

October 15th, 2017, 4:53 am #30

When in the heck is someone going to give us a decent 1/48 scale Hawker Hunter????

Bill Shuey
You Deserve It Bill! N/T