Airfix Handley Page Hampden

Airfix Handley Page Hampden

May 28th, 2012, 7:26 pm #1

Gentlemen:

Here is my build of the old Airfix Hampden, rivets and all. OOB except for a few additions to the cockpit interior area. I could not figure out a good way to place the machine guns and so have left them out for the moment. The kit calls for gluing them from the inside before attaching the clear parts, but I knew better than to try to tackle taping frames around fragile gun parts! A great old kit with surprisingly good fit and very nice clear parts compared to the original molds.

I used Model Master for the camo colors and Floquil Engine Black for the underside.

I would like to say here how much I have enjoyed this Airfix forum. I have build these old kits for over 40 years and stil do! It is great fun seeing other models. Some amazing work!!

May 28th, 2012, 7:41 pm #2

Great work!

Greg in OK

May 28th, 2012, 9:12 pm #3

Gentlemen:

Here is my build of the old Airfix Hampden, rivets and all. OOB except for a few additions to the cockpit interior area. I could not figure out a good way to place the machine guns and so have left them out for the moment. The kit calls for gluing them from the inside before attaching the clear parts, but I knew better than to try to tackle taping frames around fragile gun parts! A great old kit with surprisingly good fit and very nice clear parts compared to the original molds.

I used Model Master for the camo colors and Floquil Engine Black for the underside.

I would like to say here how much I have enjoyed this Airfix forum. I have build these old kits for over 40 years and stil do! It is great fun seeing other models. Some amazing work!!

A terrific Hampden! n/t

May 28th, 2012, 9:38 pm #4

Gentlemen:

What a great thing to see on Memorial Day. Well done. The colors look just perfect. That kit builds into a nice replica.

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 28th, 2012, 9:38 pm #5

Gentlemen:

...rivets and all
Could not ask for anymore out of the kit

Cheers
I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

May 28th, 2012, 10:05 pm #6

Gentlemen:

I see you used markings from the current re-release, they look good, any problems with these decals ?

Great paintwork - and the clear parts indeed look pretty clear, much more clear then the ones from my old build

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

May 28th, 2012, 11:05 pm #7

Gentlemen:

cutting the barrel from the body of the mg, glueing the mg in place inside the transparency, then installing the transparency. Mask, paint, and then glue the barrel through the slot to the mg body. Hal

May 29th, 2012, 1:52 am #8

Gentlemen:

Nice Hampden you have a great build there nt
Last edited by fredcoulson on May 29th, 2012, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 29th, 2012, 3:16 am #9

Gentlemen:

I'm "working on" mine, but after seeing yours I'm all the more regretting the fact that I've sanded off the rivets only to do a miserable job on rescribing. Yours looks wonderful in all it's riveted glory! Those transparencies look especially nice.

Stuart

May 29th, 2012, 3:17 am #10

Gentlemen:

Gentlemen:

Thanks so much for the kind remarks. Nothing feels quite as good as the approval of fellow modelers... especially at the level of building achieved by you all. This forum has been more fun!

I rave about Tamiya and Hasegawa as much as anyone and love the level of detail and finish in these new kits.... but nothing quite takes the place of trying to make one of the old kits look like something .....

Your remarks made my day.....

Joe Frazier
IPMS Fort Worth