AIrfix Dogfight Double A4-P Skyhawk. Part One !

AIrfix Dogfight Double A4-P Skyhawk. Part One !

June 23rd, 2012, 7:27 pm #1

Hi Guys...

been a while again I know, But I'd just like to show you the mid-point in My latest build. I'm building the New Airfix Dogfight Double over on ATF, and I've finished the New 'A4-P' Skyhawk. (And I know, Falklands Scooters were A4-Bs...) :p

I've had some considerable Input to rectify the Incorrect Colourscheme of the Skyhawk for the Encounter, off Jorge, so first off, Thanks to Him big time. The Decals are Incorrect for the Encounter, so the Yellow wing and Tail Decals weren't used, and the spaces where they should have gone, Painted Hu98, Chocolate (I kid you not !) as the correct colour used to overpaint those Areas from Jorges Great references again. As it's a Demo build, the Two Aircraft are Inflight, and today I sprayed the undersides of the Harrier Wings and Tailplanes. Both kits haven't been too bad, but feature some VERY tight Tolerances... But I should Be done with the Harrier By the middle of Next week hopefully.

The Finished Skyhawk.

The Wings According to Jorge...

She can be posed very Dynamically on the stand...

The Last stage before spraying the Satin Varnish Seal-coat LOL !

Both Aircraft Loosely Posed... You can have an Incredible amount of fun playing with the poses, Believe Me !

Both kits have their issues, but thankfully not too many. The worst were the silly little Mounts on the Pylons for the Bomb and Drop Tanks... And for me, the nose of the Harrier looks rather Anorexic...

Enjoy though. I'll post more when the Harrier's Finished. Personally, I can't wait until the dedicated A4-B option comes out. Then I plan a WHOLE Carrier-Deck full of fun. US Navy/Marines Carrier-Deck GB anyone ?
Last edited by feanor1998 on June 23rd, 2012, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 24th, 2012, 12:10 pm #2

nt

June 24th, 2012, 4:35 pm #3

Hi Guys...

been a while again I know, But I'd just like to show you the mid-point in My latest build. I'm building the New Airfix Dogfight Double over on ATF, and I've finished the New 'A4-P' Skyhawk. (And I know, Falklands Scooters were A4-Bs...) :p

I've had some considerable Input to rectify the Incorrect Colourscheme of the Skyhawk for the Encounter, off Jorge, so first off, Thanks to Him big time. The Decals are Incorrect for the Encounter, so the Yellow wing and Tail Decals weren't used, and the spaces where they should have gone, Painted Hu98, Chocolate (I kid you not !) as the correct colour used to overpaint those Areas from Jorges Great references again. As it's a Demo build, the Two Aircraft are Inflight, and today I sprayed the undersides of the Harrier Wings and Tailplanes. Both kits haven't been too bad, but feature some VERY tight Tolerances... But I should Be done with the Harrier By the middle of Next week hopefully.

The Finished Skyhawk.

The Wings According to Jorge...

She can be posed very Dynamically on the stand...

The Last stage before spraying the Satin Varnish Seal-coat LOL !

Both Aircraft Loosely Posed... You can have an Incredible amount of fun playing with the poses, Believe Me !

Both kits have their issues, but thankfully not too many. The worst were the silly little Mounts on the Pylons for the Bomb and Drop Tanks... And for me, the nose of the Harrier looks rather Anorexic...

Enjoy though. I'll post more when the Harrier's Finished. Personally, I can't wait until the dedicated A4-B option comes out. Then I plan a WHOLE Carrier-Deck full of fun. US Navy/Marines Carrier-Deck GB anyone ?
I also love your building room, plants and all !!!

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

June 24th, 2012, 8:41 pm #4

Thanks. It's been quite a Haven over the last few months believe me. Modelling has kept me sane-ish ! LOL. Just Ignore all the torn-off wall Plaster please. My Dad tore it off even though I asked him not to... As usual.

I've just finished putting 3 coats of Klear on the Harrier, so a Monster Decal session Tomorrow. My Third favourite part of Making a Model...