Airbrush (Grex) user issue - needle insertion resistance

Airbrush (Grex) user issue - needle insertion resistance

February 13th, 2018, 1:24 pm #1

I'm using a Tritium TG, which I only mention in case there is anything specific that I'm doing wrong. I'm getting serious resistance when I re-insert the needle and which is inevitably bending the tip of the needle. The resistance starts sometime after the tip of the needle has gone past the far (i.e. closest to the nozzle) side of the bottom of the paint cup. I thought it was somewhere between there and the start of the nozzle, but now I'm not so sure. I tried inserting the needle with the nozzle removed, and I get no resistance, which suggests the needle is hitting the back end of the nozzle, although given the straight-through alignment, I don't see how that could be the case. The nozzle is clean; no obstructions.

Any ideas.

Thanks, Pete R.

February 13th, 2018, 1:42 pm #2

I also have a Grex and watched a few videos on YouTube to get myself familiar with any potential problems I may encounter. They are very informative and useful. hth

February 13th, 2018, 5:13 pm #3

I'm using a Tritium TG, which I only mention in case there is anything specific that I'm doing wrong. I'm getting serious resistance when I re-insert the needle and which is inevitably bending the tip of the needle. The resistance starts sometime after the tip of the needle has gone past the far (i.e. closest to the nozzle) side of the bottom of the paint cup. I thought it was somewhere between there and the start of the nozzle, but now I'm not so sure. I tried inserting the needle with the nozzle removed, and I get no resistance, which suggests the needle is hitting the back end of the nozzle, although given the straight-through alignment, I don't see how that could be the case. The nozzle is clean; no obstructions.

Any ideas.

Thanks, Pete R.
Yes, your needle is rubbing on the inside of the nozzle. Roll the needle on a flat surface and see if it has a slight bend in the shaft.

Don
https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/

February 13th, 2018, 9:07 pm #4

Any ideas.

Thanks, Pete R.
I likely know what your problem is. Let me know if you are using acrylic paints and what brand of paints. This will help me help you quickly.

bryant.dunbar@grexusa.com

February 13th, 2018, 11:03 pm #5

Let me know how you would solve this problem, I have a Grex airbrush too but have never used it yet. I am curious to know what is going on. You can post hear or email me at
sandy55961 AT aol DOT com.

Thanks,
Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA

February 14th, 2018, 1:32 pm #6

Thanks all for the input. I solved the issue, at least for now, by getting a new needle and nozzle. I'll email Bryant meantime, and will let Steve know the outcome.
Pete R