Again, the drought is nearing an end..

Again, the drought is nearing an end..

February 2nd, 2012, 10:10 pm #1

Got the job I interviewed for on Tuesday. It's a 6 month contract job but in all likelyhood will turn into a permanent one... I hope. Making way more money than I was making at any of my previous jobs. Just some final paperwork to get taken care of, piss test, background check (just had one 3 weeks ago and apparently I'm not on any DHS watch list... LOL) and we're ready to get paid....

The adjunct professor job is still going too. The people I'll working for seemed to like the fact that I was teaching the CompTIA A+ class. It's over in May anyway. Unless...

So technically, I'll be unemployed for just a few hours longer..

Now.... Maybe after a few weeks, I can breathe a bit easier and pic up where I left off some years ago. However, since getting the good news today, I will be commencing a NEW, FRESH build to appear in the coming months on Modeling Madness. You guys will get sneak peeks along the way..

Cheers,
Dave

February 2nd, 2012, 10:23 pm #2

a far from easy time of it, and it has been nothing short of remarkable to watch you go through all these downs and ups. You have handled what many people would not or could not handle. I forget who said it, but, you are proof in "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". Congrats on the new gig!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

February 2nd, 2012, 11:59 pm #3

But seriously, I could have been in MUCH worse shape. My situation as bad as it might have seemed to me at times, pales in comparison to what others have and are going through. I have bitched and moaned a bit. Ok, alot... But I knew deep down that things COULD be a lot worse. There are some fellow Hyperscalers here that would gladly trade my problems for theirs. And I always think of that..

Anyway... I just hope this is the beginning a new and much better chapter of my work history...

Cheers,
Dave

February 3rd, 2012, 1:13 am #4

Got the job I interviewed for on Tuesday. It's a 6 month contract job but in all likelyhood will turn into a permanent one... I hope. Making way more money than I was making at any of my previous jobs. Just some final paperwork to get taken care of, piss test, background check (just had one 3 weeks ago and apparently I'm not on any DHS watch list... LOL) and we're ready to get paid....

The adjunct professor job is still going too. The people I'll working for seemed to like the fact that I was teaching the CompTIA A+ class. It's over in May anyway. Unless...

Now.... Maybe after a few weeks, I can breathe a bit easier and pic up where I left off some years ago. However, since getting the good news today, I will be commencing a NEW, FRESH build to appear in the coming months on Modeling Madness. You guys will get sneak peeks along the way..

Cheers,
Dave
.....and I hope it works out exactly the way you want it to.

February 3rd, 2012, 1:46 am #5

Cheers,
Dave
l;kj

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

February 3rd, 2012, 3:10 am #6

Cheers,
Dave
Glad to hear you're back to work. Just wish mine would pan out. Can't wash cars when it's always raining.

Cameron Forester
Aviation Maintenance student

I don't rant; I complain logically
-My mom

February 3rd, 2012, 3:17 am #7

Cheers,
Dave
Best to you and hope it turns into something even better!!

Bo

February 3rd, 2012, 3:18 am #8

Cheers,
Dave
hope they hire you!

February 3rd, 2012, 4:06 am #9

Cheers,
Dave
It's just a matter of a few more days. Just a matter of faxing a few pieces of paper and hoping they don't find out about the bank robbery...... Just joking. LOL

Cheers,
Dave

February 3rd, 2012, 4:21 am #10

Cheers,
Dave
I am happy for you.

Mike

Semper Fidelis

Temecula Valley Model Club
"Haud Sceptrum, Haud Sentio, Haud Forsit