AFV 1/35 Jackson

AFV 1/35 Jackson

March 7th, 2012, 12:20 am #1

AFV M-36. construction is OTB. Of course all the stowage was added and for no reason it has a full load of brass 90mm AFV rounds in the ready racks. You can't see them but I know they are there and the model is heavy.

mid point of construction

In painting and weathering I followed a Fine Scale article in october and november 2010 issue called Sure-fire Sherman. I hate acrylics so this is all enamels. painting the interior of every facet a lighter shade of olive drab ( I used testers faded OD) and then using a raw umber wash makes it all blend together. MIG pigments for the dirt/dust.

front view

side view

rear view

March 7th, 2012, 12:50 am #2

Nice work!

March 7th, 2012, 1:24 am #3

AFV M-36. construction is OTB. Of course all the stowage was added and for no reason it has a full load of brass 90mm AFV rounds in the ready racks. You can't see them but I know they are there and the model is heavy.

In painting and weathering I followed a Fine Scale article in october and november 2010 issue called Sure-fire Sherman. I hate acrylics so this is all enamels. painting the interior of every facet a lighter shade of olive drab ( I used testers faded OD) and then using a raw umber wash makes it all blend together. MIG pigments for the dirt/dust.

front view

side view

rear view

Great Job Steve!! Looks super! n/t

March 7th, 2012, 8:35 am #4

front view

side view

rear view

like it!

March 7th, 2012, 8:52 am #5

front view

side view

rear view

1/35 scale Michael, Moonwalking!!!

wink wink, nudge nudge...

Excellent M36 though. Always liked them (and the M10 as well.)

Brett (forced to confess that many years ago, when i was young and did not know better, I modelled Targets too!!)

oooo, did I write that out loud? Them's fighting words!!
Last edited by Wurger41 on March 7th, 2012, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 7th, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

front view

side view

rear view

...nobody's ever been able to figure out where that name came from, or why it's stuck around.   It was just an M36, plain and simple. 

Nice looking model, the Jack... er,um,  M36 is my favorite tank destroyer.  

March 7th, 2012, 6:37 pm #7

front view

side view

rear view

Really well done and very nice paint and weathering.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 7th, 2012, 8:50 pm #8

front view

side view

rear view

... I love the weathering!

I wish I could get one in 1/48th to go with my M-10...

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

March 24th, 2012, 12:54 am #9

HEY

Just say you comment. There is a conversion kit that Gaso.line makes it. Got mine on track 48. haven't worked it yet but it is on the to do list...lol