Adding pictures to posts

Adding pictures to posts

April 8th, 2012, 1:16 am #1

Help!. I'm a newbie. I have tried but failed to add pictures to my posts. I have added pics to my photobucket account but am too much of a ludite to be able to actually get them from there to here. Pointers are more than welcome. Thanks

April 8th, 2012, 1:27 am #2

Assuming you've already got the desired pictures loaded into your Photobucket album (individual computer setups are different but...) here's how I do it:

1. Open a new message on H/S.

2. Click Photobucket link at bottom.

3. Find desired picture and click "zoom".

4. When big picture appears click on "Direct Link" then bang the keys "control" and "c".

5. X-out the big picture to return to your post then bang the keys "control" and "v" and a link should appear on your post.

6. Hitting "preview" at the bottom of your new message before actually posting will tell you whether or not you've succeeded. You should see a picture, not a link on the preview.

7. Repeat as necessary.

I'm not really a pompous ***; I just play one on HyperScale!

Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, Texas
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

April 8th, 2012, 1:44 am #3

I'm almost there. I managed to post one pic. When I tried to post a second one in the same response it simply replaced the first. What did I do wrong?

April 8th, 2012, 2:09 am #4

Help!. I'm a newbie. I have tried but failed to add pictures to my posts. I have added pics to my photobucket account but am too much of a ludite to be able to actually get them from there to here. Pointers are more than welcome. Thanks
Mouse over the picture in your PB album, when the popup appears click on 'direct link'. In your message body here hit paste. Done.

April 8th, 2012, 2:15 am #5

will do. Thanks

April 8th, 2012, 5:13 am #6

I use Windows and save desired pics in "my images" of the "my PC".
I open the PhotoBucket (PB) bellow the message board and then I open "my images" where I select a pic and charge it to my PB simply clicking "open" button, and I can see when the selected pic is added to the PB selection where it receive an archive name. Then I select and copy this archive name and add it to the message board, and when I post my message the pic is there too.
Hope it helps You, Good Luck.
BR

Last edited by BlueRook on April 8th, 2012, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 8th, 2012, 10:35 am #7

I'm almost there. I managed to post one pic. When I tried to post a second one in the same response it simply replaced the first. What did I do wrong?
Hit "return" after the first link. n/t
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."