Accessories

Accessories

September 2nd, 2010, 2:37 pm #1

I'm new to detailed car modeling after building planes for over 50 years. I know all the e stores for plane accessories, but do not know any for cars (decals, tires and wheels, wiring, etc). Any help would be appreciated.

September 2nd, 2010, 5:37 pm #2

I use silver bearing fine solder wire from RadioShack for sparkplug wires. .015" is pretty close for 1/24 & 1/25 and I think they have .023" which is pretty close for 1/16. There is a company called The Model Car Garage or something like that that sells lots of stuff. I don't know if they have a website.

Cameron

I don't rant; I complain logically
-My mom

September 2nd, 2010, 5:46 pm #3

I'm new to detailed car modeling after building planes for over 50 years. I know all the e stores for plane accessories, but do not know any for cars (decals, tires and wheels, wiring, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
Scale Equipment Limited
Model Car Garage
Detail Master
Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland
Modelhaus

September 2nd, 2010, 6:34 pm #4

I appreciate the info.

Steve C in NoVA
Steve C in NoVA

September 2nd, 2010, 9:36 pm #5

Both Hobby Link Japan and Hiro Boy have a lot of car stuff, although it is more aimed at the euro and asian stuff- 1/24 scale. I haven't found much in 1/25. As far as kits, as much as I hate to admit this, Tamiya is worth the price. I'm finishing an R34 Skyline GT-R with their detail parts, (wing set, some etch, belts and floor mats)and it fits perfectly, looks great, and makes me look like a better modeler than I actually am. Their rattlecan gloss paint is awesome.

September 23rd, 2010, 11:43 am #6

f1specialties.com

Alex