Academy FW190-D9

Academy FW190-D9

May 11th, 2012, 1:00 pm #1

Hi, completed this last week for a group build on another forum but thought I would post here as it fits the theme - and given the rate that i build models I need to get all the mileage I can out of them

It’s the Academy kit in 1:72, it’s a lovely kit and goes together great, the only minor gripe is the decals, a few silvered no matter what I did!

Added a couple of missing details from stretched sprue and some tape seat belts, which don’t look too bad in this scale.

RLM colours are Xtracrylics with Alclad aluminium for the silver bits and citadel for detail painting, finished with Xtracrylics matt varnish.

Anyway on with the pics and hope you like!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu

May 11th, 2012, 3:23 pm #2

Academy? Damn dude, that looks great! I've heard to 'pass' on the Academy kit but for the prices I see them at...will have to get a few. I use Academy decals with the Future method, no solvent or setting solution I've tried seems to work on them.

Well done.

Nixster

May 11th, 2012, 5:29 pm #3

Hi, completed this last week for a group build on another forum but thought I would post here as it fits the theme - and given the rate that i build models I need to get all the mileage I can out of them

It’s the Academy kit in 1:72, it’s a lovely kit and goes together great, the only minor gripe is the decals, a few silvered no matter what I did!

Added a couple of missing details from stretched sprue and some tape seat belts, which don’t look too bad in this scale.

RLM colours are Xtracrylics with Alclad aluminium for the silver bits and citadel for detail painting, finished with Xtracrylics matt varnish.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
Looks awesome!...Great job.

May 11th, 2012, 7:52 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
Looks bigger! Nice job on the belly too.

May 12th, 2012, 12:24 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
Great finish on the scheme and photography

I said "Dart Gun", not a....
Gru - Despicable Me

I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

May 15th, 2012, 6:17 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
You've done an excellent job on this FW - it looks so REAL! The paint, the decals, the details - it all looks right on!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 16th, 2012, 2:58 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
I have the Academy kit in the stash, and you have certainly given me incentive to get started on it.

Well done!

Jacob Russell

May 16th, 2012, 9:02 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
You surely did it justice - it looks excellent

The open canopy gives it a bit more style - lovely

Have to do one too... someday...

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV /end (incl. Model Force 2012 show report)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

Stuart Clifford
Stuart Clifford

May 22nd, 2012, 1:50 pm #9

Its a lovely kit and a really enjoyable hassle free build (got to have one every now and then) - would definately recommend it! Cheers, Stu

May 23rd, 2012, 5:07 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking, Stu
A shrink ray gun!!!

Dang Stu this is mind blowing... I can stop looking at this baby.

<table><tr><td width="84" valign="top"></td><td valign="top">SGT Braille </td></tr></table>