A 'wokka' is a Huey, right?

A 'wokka' is a Huey, right?

May 12th, 2012, 1:18 pm #1

I've seen recently some references to Chinooks as being 'wokkas', but I seem to remember from my days in the Army (in the '70's and '80's, admittedly!), that a Huey UH-1 was a wokka, and a Chinook was a 'thwakka'.

Obviously we need clarification of this important naming convention!

Graeme

May 12th, 2012, 2:12 pm #2

say aaaah whilst rythmically beating your chest you sound like Bell's finest. Over the years though wokka seemed to apply to all mixmasters

May 12th, 2012, 2:13 pm #3

I've seen recently some references to Chinooks as being 'wokkas', but I seem to remember from my days in the Army (in the '70's and '80's, admittedly!), that a Huey UH-1 was a wokka, and a Chinook was a 'thwakka'.

Graeme
The Huey was just the most common helicopter.
George, out.............

May 12th, 2012, 2:26 pm #4

Graeme

May 12th, 2012, 3:53 pm #5

Kent

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

May 12th, 2012, 4:42 pm #6

Graeme
Isn't that Luke's last name in Star Wars?

May 12th, 2012, 5:38 pm #7

Graeme
sound that the dual rotors on the S#!@hook er Chinook make , Thwappa thwappa thwappa would be a Huey while thwakka would be a Loach ...and that's what I'm sticken with

Cheers

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Ben Franklin

May 12th, 2012, 8:28 pm #8

Graeme
Like the Rhino was the F-4, now it's the F-18E/F in USN speak

May 13th, 2012, 4:39 am #9

Graeme
tell since they go thuck,thuck,thuck,thuck!

A man can't have too much info' on the Spanish Civil War