A pre-Christmas quickie!

A pre-Christmas quickie!

December 22nd, 2011, 3:04 am #1

No, I haven't been in the photocopier room during the staff party...

I wanted to build something quickly for a change, so I picked up the PM Me P.1111 'Luftwaffe 46' kit from ebay and got to work.

It's a complex kit - 14 parts in total. Step one was to blank off the intakes so it wasn't see-through. A couple of strips of plastic card got the job done. A little nose weight was needed, but not much:

[/IMG]

That did the job:

[/IMG]

Then the interior was painted RLM 66 (good for hiding the lack of detail ). All I added was some tape harness straps. Here it is togethwer, with the canopy masked and the frames painted 66 as well. (The canopy is very clear, but had no frames marked, so I made a 'best guess' happy that no photos are likely to emerge.

[/IMG]

Painting was by rattle can Tamiya lacquers, masked with blu-tack. I quite liked the scheme I decided on too. (Coulda been more careful with overspray, but its much less noticeable in real life and actually helps even out the finish a bit:

[/IMG]

All I need to do now is a wash in the control surfaces and gun ports, and matte it down. Total time so far is about 100 minutes.

Finishe dpics to follow.

Cheers,

Andrew

December 22nd, 2011, 4:28 am #2

That is one mean looking plane. Nice paint job too. I just got one in under the wire too.

Way to go!

December 22nd, 2011, 9:38 am #3

I wanted to build something quickly for a change, so I picked up the PM Me P.1111 'Luftwaffe 46' kit from ebay and got to work.

It's a complex kit - 14 parts in total. Step one was to blank off the intakes so it wasn't see-through. A couple of strips of plastic card got the job done. A little nose weight was needed, but not much:

[/IMG]

That did the job:

[/IMG]

Then the interior was painted RLM 66 (good for hiding the lack of detail ). All I added was some tape harness straps. Here it is togethwer, with the canopy masked and the frames painted 66 as well. (The canopy is very clear, but had no frames marked, so I made a 'best guess' happy that no photos are likely to emerge.

[/IMG]

Painting was by rattle can Tamiya lacquers, masked with blu-tack. I quite liked the scheme I decided on too. (Coulda been more careful with overspray, but its much less noticeable in real life and actually helps even out the finish a bit:

[/IMG]

All I need to do now is a wash in the control surfaces and gun ports, and matte it down. Total time so far is about 100 minutes.

Finishe dpics to follow.

Cheers,

Andrew
No contest winner, but a fun quick build, and I think it looks pretty cool:

[/IMG]

Here it is with another PM model, the Lippisch P.13a

[/IMG]

Merry Christmas all.

Andrew

December 23rd, 2011, 1:36 am #4

Those two look very cool together. Again, nice paint schemes too. I'd hate to see those climbing up to intercept me!

December 23rd, 2011, 2:41 am #5

[/IMG]

That did the job:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Finishe dpics to follow.

Cheers,

Andrew
...and they are going to get the same treatment. Good, clean, quick slams.
Nice job Andrew.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

December 23rd, 2011, 3:55 am #6

Methinks I'd like to whip one up too.

December 23rd, 2011, 6:24 pm #7

[/IMG]

That did the job:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Finishe dpics to follow.

Cheers,

Andrew
But mine dont seem to turn out nearly that nice!

December 27th, 2011, 11:08 pm #8

[/IMG]

That did the job:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Finishe dpics to follow.

Cheers,

Andrew
A quickie and a marvelous original subject

That's very nice work for such a cheap basic kit

I have to get myself one of these too - good colour scheme !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII - Part IX - Part X/End
1/72 - Frog/Novo - Curtiss Tomahawk : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God