A photo of unprecedented sadness; when all laughter died in sorrow.

July 2nd, 2018, 4:46 pm #1

EECE395B-0B9D-4ABF-9779-C4C4394AED37.jpeg
Last edited by DeeJay on July 2nd, 2018, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 2nd, 2018, 9:34 pm #2

Gone 🦒 with the bottom line.💸

July 3rd, 2018, 2:45 am #3

I would take my daughters to ToysR us when they were younger. It was always a fun trip. Hard to believe that they along with all the other toy stores are gone.
Clifford Bossie

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Desrt_Wings.html

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Wildcat/F4F_pt1.html

July 3rd, 2018, 12:11 pm #4

As a family, we have wonderful memories of going on Toys R'Us ventures.  

But the store was never really a profitable venture, then it became abysmally mis-managed. Never adapted and put real estate interests above the purpose of the store.

But interestingly, we are returning to the pre-TR'Us environment when toys were a department in a larger stores. The toy department at Macy's is now the Toy department at Target. There are still independent toy sellers. We have a toy store in our town.  Young kids need to see toys. On-line buying does not necessarily work. Remember TR'Us was the reason small toy stores went under and Macy's closed its toy department.
Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
—George Orwell

Zu Asche zu Staub

July 3rd, 2018, 2:37 pm #5

I remember when Department stores such as Sears, Woodys, JC Penny’s and even Korvettes had decent toy departments with a selection of bikes as well. All of that has moved to Walmart and Target. Maybe the specialized toy department and/or toy store will make a comeback; I know that when I want to buy a kid a great toy, I will not go online or to Target; I seek the time and advice of someone knowledgeable about the toy (trains, RC, or tricycles); toys will not become obsolete despite the surge in video games. Kids between 1-11 still need toys that encourage creativity and fun.

July 4th, 2018, 3:01 pm #6

When I saw this my mind instantly heard the sad music:

"And in the streets, the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken, The church bells all were broken"

Don McLean may have hidden Toys'R'Us somewhere in the American Pie lyrics.