A-OK GB Done!

A-OK GB Done!

March 26th, 2012, 10:22 am #1

Or I'm calling it done anyway. Not my best effort--painting on the fuselage roundels in particular defeated me--but on the other hand I'm pretty satisfied with the subtly worn look I managed with the camouflage.

In summary: Built out of box except for blanking off the empty cavern within the wheel wells and adding a small post on top of the rudder for the radio aerial. Oh, and a prop from another kit to replace the short-shot kit item. Paints are mostly Gunze Sangyo, which I have come to dearly love. Insignia and fuselage codes are masked and painted, except for cheating on the red of The fuselage roundels as mentioned in a previous post. Canopy framing is strips of painted decal.

A fun build, unfortunately interrupted by time away from home, which sort of messed with my momentum. My main goal on this one was to work on my painting skills, and in that respect it was a helpful experience.

Some pics:

Thanks for all the encouragement along the way!

Stuart

March 26th, 2012, 10:40 am #2

Thats a great build and a great finish

March 26th, 2012, 10:55 am #3

Or I'm calling it done anyway. Not my best effort--painting on the fuselage roundels in particular defeated me--but on the other hand I'm pretty satisfied with the subtly worn look I managed with the camouflage.

In summary: Built out of box except for blanking off the empty cavern within the wheel wells and adding a small post on top of the rudder for the radio aerial. Oh, and a prop from another kit to replace the short-shot kit item. Paints are mostly Gunze Sangyo, which I have come to dearly love. Insignia and fuselage codes are masked and painted, except for cheating on the red of The fuselage roundels as mentioned in a previous post. Canopy framing is strips of painted decal.

A fun build, unfortunately interrupted by time away from home, which sort of messed with my momentum. My main goal on this one was to work on my painting skills, and in that respect it was a helpful experience.

Some pics:

Stuart
Abso-bloody-lutely lovely Stuart a great build of an iconic kit - well done sir! n/t

March 26th, 2012, 11:50 am #4

Some pics:

Stuart
I bought a hurricane for the AOKGB but it hasn't got out of the box yet.

At one level I'm hoping it rains all through Easter so I can get some building done!

If I do, it won't look as nice as yours though!

Cheers,

Andrew

Tutorials: Plasticene wheel wells Cheap vacform machine Example vac-form
RAAF Kingfisher: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Final
Bronco NOGS: Part 1 Jan 2009 Part 2 Dec 2010(!) Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Final
Frog Vengeance: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Final

March 26th, 2012, 1:50 pm #5

Some pics:

Stuart
Wonderful results on an old classic, love the painted markings and spinning prop pics !!!

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

March 26th, 2012, 4:01 pm #6

Some pics:

Stuart
The flat of the stb wheel is a touch out, but now I'm picking on you

I wonder how they sprayed the roundels in practice and did they always
come out dead centre. TBH I can't see the problem with your execution at all.

Ils sont fous ces mod�liste!

March 26th, 2012, 4:28 pm #7

Some pics:

Stuart
That little Hurri would be at home on any contest table, I might add. Stupendous job. Very neat build and it sure looks like the ol' hunchback. I love that airplane...

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

March 26th, 2012, 4:47 pm #8

Some pics:

Stuart
I would be very please with that Hurricane - looks great.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Vic

March 26th, 2012, 6:37 pm #9

Some pics:

Stuart
It's a lovely paint job!

Regards,
Adrian

March 26th, 2012, 7:07 pm #10

Some pics:

Stuart
I hope my 1/48th machine turns out half as nice ...

Cheers
Andrew