A feather in the wind - Pt. 4

A feather in the wind - Pt. 4

November 14th, 2011, 4:16 pm #1

The cockpit is complete, with it's radio, belts and gunsight (all from my own fantasy...)

[/IMG]

Canopy on and masked. Everything sprayed with my personal interpretation of post-war soviet gray-green a36g, custom mixed with unknown recipe...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Undercarriage legs and struts replaced with stretched sprue, while the forks are original. Guns also from stretched sprue.
Massimo LaCivita

November 14th, 2011, 4:53 pm #2

I am very impressed with how well the new and improved wheel wells have turned out.

Cheers, Vic

November 14th, 2011, 11:23 pm #3

The cockpit is complete, with it's radio, belts and gunsight (all from my own fantasy...)

[/IMG]

Canopy on and masked. Everything sprayed with my personal interpretation of post-war soviet gray-green a36g, custom mixed with unknown recipe...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Undercarriage legs and struts replaced with stretched sprue, while the forks are original. Guns also from stretched sprue.
Soviet pilots like comfort

Great detail work - not over the top, but just enough in a perfect way

Great progress too - looks like decals are next already

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI
1/72 - Frog/Novo - Curtiss Tomahawk : Part I - Part II
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

November 14th, 2011, 11:56 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Just a guess

Very nice cockpit work. And the wheel wells - first time I have seen such a radical approach! Too late for me to try that - my Yak is at the painting stage (aerobatic red).
_________________-
CD

November 15th, 2011, 12:26 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I too like the "made up" interior. Looks the part and very Russian. Markings will really set this one off.

Nice one.

Nice table.

Massimo La Civita
Massimo La Civita

November 15th, 2011, 9:15 am #6

Just a guess

Very nice cockpit work. And the wheel wells - first time I have seen such a radical approach! Too late for me to try that - my Yak is at the painting stage (aerobatic red).
_________________-
CD
I've seen a color footage where the aerobatic yak-15s show a red top on white belly. Just search "yak 15" on youtube and you should be able to find the video. It would be a cool livery instead of the usual all-red.

November 15th, 2011, 8:47 pm #7

That is SO attractive. NEVER seen those red and white Yak 15s before! And my Yak is already red all over. Sigh. Will be hell to paint white over the red, but I will try. It is interesting that the landing gear doors seem to be grey green, suggesting that the wing undesurface was that colour as well. Very, VERY interesting!

Damn you Massimo for ruining what was supposed to be a quick build - and THANKS for the link. You are right: It is a lot more interesting than an all over red Yak.

Here is the link to the video (don't seem to be able to embed it), in case readers should wonder what we are talking about here:

http://youtu.be/xNVCWOwhTSg

Massimo La Civita
Massimo La Civita

November 15th, 2011, 9:14 pm #8

...the Yaks are all-red again. Different time, I guess.

November 15th, 2011, 9:18 pm #9

Massimo LaCivita

November 15th, 2011, 10:31 pm #10

...that those in the last seconds of that footage are not tail draggers - they've got nose wheels!