A Builder's Truck - In 1/32...

A Builder's Truck - In 1/32...

March 12th, 2011, 11:54 am #1

Morning everyone!

Here's my latest little model, this time based on Fujimi's 1/32 Mitsubishi Canter truck. This one will feature as part of a large new diorama entitled "Echoes" and as such, replicates a generic builder's truck loaded with the bits and pieces needed for their next project. I tried to use as much imagination as possible with this one and so rather than build a specific vehicle, I elected to build something that captures the feel of one of these vehicles, their dilapidated appearance and weathered look. Though the model was built from the box, I changed the dashboard around to produce a left-hand drive vehicle (the diorama will be set in Europe, though where I'm not too sure yet, which is why it has no number plates) and then loaded it up with items from the spares' box and the aftermarket. The model was painted with enamels and then weathered using standard armour-modelling techniques to create the rather unloved appearance you see here.

I hope you like it!

Spence

March 12th, 2011, 12:22 pm #2

Great stuff, very inspirational

March 12th, 2011, 12:33 pm #3

Morning everyone!

Here's my latest little model, this time based on Fujimi's 1/32 Mitsubishi Canter truck. This one will feature as part of a large new diorama entitled "Echoes" and as such, replicates a generic builder's truck loaded with the bits and pieces needed for their next project. I tried to use as much imagination as possible with this one and so rather than build a specific vehicle, I elected to build something that captures the feel of one of these vehicles, their dilapidated appearance and weathered look. Though the model was built from the box, I changed the dashboard around to produce a left-hand drive vehicle (the diorama will be set in Europe, though where I'm not too sure yet, which is why it has no number plates) and then loaded it up with items from the spares' box and the aftermarket. The model was painted with enamels and then weathered using standard armour-modelling techniques to create the rather unloved appearance you see here.

I hope you like it!

Spence

Outstanding and very realistic work!!!

March 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm #4

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

if there is such a word?

March 12th, 2011, 1:45 pm #5

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

It's a matter of after a 12 hour day there is no time for TLC. All the stuff is thrown on the back and the truck is parked in the yard, ridden hard and put away wet as they say. This one looks very much like the Volvo we had on the last job. Your paintjobs are always amazing this one is perfect. You got the white cab with the rust showing through just right. Love it.

March 12th, 2011, 2:31 pm #6

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

is no way any one could tell this is a model.
J

March 12th, 2011, 3:58 pm #7

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

So beautifuly done , I like much the paint and weathering, looks so real indeed,

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 12th, 2011, 4:28 pm #8

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

Amazing work Spence, you have captured just the right look and the clutter in the back looks logical and convincing, the weathering is outstanding too, love it!!

March 12th, 2011, 4:59 pm #9

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

ciggarettes piling up on the top of the dashboard? I have yet to see a contractor's truck without a pile of paper (including traffic tickets and fines) onthe dashboard under the windscreen.

Just a thought.

Aloha,
Val

March 12th, 2011, 7:30 pm #10

Morning everyone!

I hope you like it!

Spence

The only thing missing Spencer, is a copy of the Sun newspaper, cigarette packets and empty McDonald's cartons (other fast food outlets are available) on top of the dash board!

Excellent weathering and looks so real.